Topic: Question about Feature "info of all sent and received emails"

==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): 0.9.7 MARIADB edition
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: CentOS Linux release 7.3.1611 (Core)
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): MySQL
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): Apache
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? Yes
- [IMPORTANT] Related original log or error message is required if you're experiencing an issue.
====

Hi there

I have a question about the "info of all sent and received emails" feature in the control panel. Do we need Amavis to be able to see these logs? We no longer need Amavis on our server and I saw some people complaining that they could not see these logs and the response to them was that they need amavis for this to work.

Please advise.

Regards

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Question about Feature "info of all sent and received emails"

grupow wrote:

Do we need Amavis to be able to see these logs?

Yes. Amavisd stores these info in its sql db, then iRedAdmin-Pro queries amavisd sql db and display the info.

ZhangHuangbin wrote:
grupow wrote:

Do we need Amavis to be able to see these logs?

Yes. Amavisd stores these info in its sql db, then iRedAdmin-Pro queries amavisd sql db and display the info.

Thank you for the reply. So if I do not want Amavis to interfere in the send/receive anymore, but still record this data, I would need to use very flexible (high) confs in Amavis right?

If you Amavisd is not integrated in the mail flow, how can it get mail info?

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

If you Amavisd is not integrated in the mail flow, how can it get mail info?

That is not what I meant. Amavis will be integrated, however, I will put very high scores so it does not tag any messages as spam. This way we can get the data and amavis will not interfere with the emails. Right?

Do you mean you don't want amavisd to perform spam/virus scanning? If yes, check this tutorial:
http://www.iredmail.org/docs/completely … assin.html

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

Do you mean you don't want amavisd to perform spam/virus scanning? If yes, check this tutorial:
http://www.iredmail.org/docs/completely … assin.html

Correct! That is what I mean. And I will still be able to log the stats right?

Thanks!

Yes.

Just follow the section "Stop virus/spam scanning, keep DKIM signing/verification and Disclaimer", not "Completely disable all features" section.