Topic: Display "bug"

==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): 0.9.7
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version:
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL):
- Web server (Apache or Nginx):
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? Yes
- [IMPORTANT] Related original log or error message is required if you're experiencing an issue.
====

Hello,
I'm on the lastest iRedAdmin version.
A colleague recently change his last name.
I had to create a new mail address to fit this change and forward all messages send to his old address to the new address.
So to do this, I first add a forward rule in the old account before create the new account. No error message appears but the field didn't stay filled : the forward wasn't OK.
I created the new mail address and then, add the forward rule in the older account and it worked.
So, I guess, when we add a forward rule to a mail account and if we want to forward to a mail address who belongs to a managed domain, a check is done to ensure that the mail exists ?
If it's true, it would be nice to display an error message which tells the account don't exist ?

Thanks

Nicolas

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Display "bug"

nicolasfo wrote:

If it's true, it would be nice to display an error message which tells the account don't exist ?

iRedAdmin-Pro will silently discard not-existing forwarding members (in same domain).