Topic: LDAP search and displayedInGlobalAddressBook setting

We have installed iRedOS 0.6.0 ands as mail client we use Microsoft Outlook 2003.
The mail server is for three different domains and we want user to be able to search for mail adresses in all available domains.

In LDAP we created an extra user for searching, at the same level as vmail. In slpad.conf we added permissions for this user so it can access the needed trees in the LDAP.

In the client we use search base from o=domains and then up.

Searching works fine now.

In the results all mail users and aliases are shown, also the entries where enabledService has NOT the value displayedInGlobalAddressBook.

We want to display only adresses with the value set as enabledService.

Is there any way to filter the adresses at the server, so we can only display the adresses we want to display ?

Regards.

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: LDAP search and displayedInGlobalAddressBook setting

Returned entries are depended on your LDAP search filter. May i know what string do you use as LDAP search filter?

Do you mean a searchfilter in the mail client ? or server side ?

Outlook 2003 has no search filter option (I think) and a server side filter is what I am looking for, but have not found yet.

I mean a client side search filter. smile

We are looking for a server side solution, otherwise we have to configure each single client.
In Outlook I cannot find a search filter option.

It depends on client query filter. I don't know how to achieve server-side filter, sorry sad