Topic: fail2ban blocked IPs
I had a client who has an email account on my server who couldn't log in. i was blaming his setup but at the end i found out his IP was on the fail2ban-dovecot block list in iptables.
I removed it from there with
iptables -L --line-numbers
iptables -D fail2ban-dovecot 1
then saved iptables but it came back after a while.
i now removed dovecot.log cause i thought maybe fail2ban is reading dovecot.log and recreates the block...
is there anything else i can do to be sure he is not blocked anymore?
is there any way to see if there are any IP's on the iptables blocklist?
is there a way to control that in iRedmail pro backen? (haven't found any way so o guess not?)
maybe the possibliity for a notification in case of blocked IP's would be good?
==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): 0.9.2
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Ubuntu 14.04
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): MYSQL
- Web server (Apache or Nginx):
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? YES
- Related log if you're reporting an issue: