Topic: Unable to Receive Email from Same Domain

==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): 0.9.4
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Ubuntu 14.04
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): MySQL
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): Apache
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? Yes
- [IMPORTANT] Related original log or error message is required if you're experiencing an issue.
====

One of our hosted customers uses a hosted application to send out mass emails.  The 'FROM' address is from one of the domains hosted in iRedMail.  Everything works fine unless one of the destination addresses is also something hosted on the iRedMail server.

For example:

mydomain.com is hosted on iRedMail
They use a 'FROM' address on that domain - user1@mydomain.com
Everything works great, unless one of the people they send to is also a mailbox on mydomain.com - let's say user2@mydomain.com

The error they get is the following:

553 5.7.1 <user1@mydomain.com>: Sender address rejected: not logged in
(in reply to RCPT TO command)

X-Postfix-Queue-ID: F1929120578
X-Postfix-Sender: rfc822; user1@mydomain.com

Final-Recipient: rfc822; user2@mydomain.com
Action: failed
Remote-MTA: dns; mx01.mydomain.com
Diagnostic-Code: smtp; 553 5.7.1 <user1@mydomain.com>: Sender address rejected: not logged in

Any suggestions on how I can fix this issue?  I've added the IP of the mass-mailing server to the 'mynetworks' section in /etc/postfix/main.cf but honestly, beyond that I'm at a loss on how I can proceed.  Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Unable to Receive Email from Same Domain

I think that this instruction covers Your use case
https://docs.iredmail.org/allow.user.to … ation.html
Else,
- add the user1 to the iredmail server
- configure the sending mass-mail host to use the iredmail server as relay host, using login+password via port 587
If it is based on a linux distro using postfix, you can configure a postfix transport specific for delivering e-mails to *@mydomain.com, and all other recipeints will be delivered directly from the mass-mailing server without passing your iredmail server.