1 (edited by qwazi 2017-11-02 01:34:14)

Topic: Improving spam detection

======== Required information ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): 0.9.7
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Debian Jessie 8
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): MySQL
- Web server (Apache or Nginx):Nginx
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? No
- [IMPORTANT] Related original log or error message is required if you're experiencing an issue.
====

I've searched the forum and I've read several articles stating to add lines to postfix main.conf file.  But each time I go to that section, the entry is already there by default.  So I don't know what to do to stop the offensive spam I'm getting.

I looked for the spamhaus entry under recipient restrictions and it wasn't there so I checked postscreen and there were two entries, spamhaus and barracuda. 

So what else can I do?

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Improving spam detection

Why is this the only post that has no replies for days and days.....

Re: Improving spam detection

qwazi wrote:

I looked for the spamhaus entry under recipient restrictions and it wasn't there so I checked postscreen and there were two entries, spamhaus and barracuda. 

*) Do you have postscreen service enabled in /etc/postfix/master.cf?
*) If postscreen is enabled, did you see related log in Postfix log file?

It's not very clear what your spam issue is, you may need to post more details so that others can help troubleshoot.

qwazi wrote:

Why is this the only post that has no replies for days and days.....

If it's urgent, you can consider buy a support ticket then get support via email or direct ssh access:
http://www.iredmail.org/support.html