Topic: ClamAV consuming too much memory
==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): 0.9.7
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Debian 8.7 Jessie
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): PGSQL
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): Nginx
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? No
- [IMPORTANT] Related original log or error message is required if you're experiencing an issue.
My server has a measly 1GB of memory, and it's always almost entirely used up by iRedMail, and especially ClamAV. top shows ClamAV routinely occupying 50% of the available memory.
Is there anything I can do to lower the memory consumption of ClamAV? It's bogging everything down, even some cron scripts fail because of lack of memory.