Topic: allow host or email to send mail via iRedMail

==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release):  0.9.7 MYSQL edition.
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Ububtu
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): MySQL
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): Apache
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? Yes
- [IMPORTANT] Related original log or error message is required if you're experiencing an issue.
====

Hi,

We have this case and setup

1. domain.com
2. mail server for domain.com: mail.domain.com
3. host.domain.com running software

The problem happens, when the software tries to send a mail with the follwing from adress:
noreply@host.domain.com

I have allowed the IP, FQDN of host.domain.com into MYNETWORKS, trusted senders, I have allowed the mail address and host.domain.com into ALLOWED_LOGIN_MISMATCH_SENDERS, but nothing happens.

we continue to receive this error:

Recipient address rejected: Sender is not same as SMTP authenticate username

In general I want to allow specific hosts to be able to send email via iRedmail system, no matter what domain or hostname they use.

Is it possible?

Thanks in advance.

BR,
Stan

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: allow host or email to send mail via iRedMail

Simple:

1) on mail server, add a new mail domain "host.domain.com", add a new user "noreply@host.domain.com"
2) on server host.domain.com, configure your application to send email with SMTP AUTH.

Do not change FQDN, MYNETWORKS, mynetworks, ALLOWED_LOGIN_MISMATCH_SENDERS.

Just solve it the easiest and best way. iRedMail is well tuned, try to keep it as simple as possible.

Hi,

That worked.

Can you tell me how to solve this:

Inside the network we have couple of host and devices, on which we cannot setup mail for authentication.
How to allow only those hosts to send mails via iRedMail server, no matter the destination without authentication?

Thanks in advance.

DOC here:
https://docs.iredmail.org/allow.user.to … ation.html