Topic: active active configuration

==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): 0.9.7
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: centos 7
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL):  ad2016
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): Nginx
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? no
- [IMPORTANT] Related original log or error message is required if you're experiencing an issue.
====

Hi Team,

I am in the process of setting Iredmail on a site that has a poor internet connection so they are using a satellite connection. There is windows 2016 and I have intergrated it with Irdemail. The issue is due to connection going down every so often,  I wanted if there is a way to have 2 Iredmail running in an active active cluster where if the primary one goes down due to internet connection mail will be delivered to the second one and as soo as the 1st one comes back up all the emails will sync.
On a normal day email so be sync on both servers.

As this is not live yet, I can even remove intergration with active directory if needed.

The second mail server will be at a different site. There would be a site to site vpn so that could be used to sync possibly.

Please advise.

Cheers,

Rajbps

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: active active configuration

How about setup a backupmx with good internet connection? this will be the easily solution.

If primary server goes down, other servers will connect to backup mx, backupmx holds the emails in queue, and relay to primary mx when it's online.

No active-active setup, it's complex than a backupmx.

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

How about setup a backupmx with good internet connection? this will be the easily solution.

If primary server goes down, other servers will connect to backup mx, backupmx holds the emails in queue, and relay to primary mx when it's online.

No active-active setup, it's complex than a backupmx.

I Agree. Is it possible to view the content of the emails on the backup mx by any chance?

rajbps wrote:

Is it possible to view the content of the emails on the backup mx by any chance?

No - except accessing the mail message from shell command line.

Emails on backupmx is hold by Postfix in queue, not yet delivered to user mailbox, so end user cannot access it with webmail or other imap client.