Topic: Global Quarantine Purge

==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): 0.9.7 MARIADB edition.
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: CentOS Linux release 7.4.1708
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): MySQL/MDB
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): Nginx
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? Yes
- [IMPORTANT] Related original log or error message is required if you're experiencing an issue.
====

We're trying to get a handle on spam, and want to use the global quarantine option.  The idea is, we'd only reference it if there was a user request to look for a piece of mail they were expecting, so a global quarantine works best for us.  The issue is, with the number of domains, this could grow very unwieldy if it got too big.  So, we want to be sure that the purge settings work on a global level, or only at the domain.

Thanks!

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Global Quarantine Purge

I'm sorry that i don't quite understand what your request is (my English is poor sad ).

*) Currently iRedAdmin-Pro supports managing spam policies, including quarantining detected spams to SQL database.
*) Normal domain admin is able to manage quarantined domains which were sent to the domains managed by the admin.
*) If you have self-service enabled, mail user is able to login to manage quarantined emails too.

Does it match your need?

Your English is great.  You ought to hear my Mandarin!  THAT is poor.

The purge settings for quarantines - are all purges set to delete mail in a quarantine after 7 days?

mbaker wrote:

The purge settings for quarantines - are all purges set to delete mail in a quarantine after 7 days?

This is configurable in iRedAdmin-Pro config file, default is 7 days.

You can find default settings in file "libs/default_settings.py" under iRedAdmin-Pro directory, if you want to modify any setting in this file, please simply copy the parameter names to main config file "settings.py" and set a proper value, this way your custom settings will be kept during iRedAdmin-Pro upgrading.

# Remove old SQL records of sent/received mails in Amavisd database.
# NOTE: require cron job with script tools/cleanup_amavisd_db.py.
AMAVISD_REMOVE_MAILLOG_IN_DAYS = 3

# Remove old SQL records of quarantined mails.
# Since quarantined mails may take much disk space, it's better to release
# or remove them as soon as possible.
# NOTE: require cron job with script tools/cleanup_amavisd_db.py.
AMAVISD_REMOVE_QUARANTINED_IN_DAYS = 7