Topic: fetchmail external account

hello, I'm evaluating iredmail but from the demo available online I did not find the possibility to configure the automatic unloading of mail from external accounts.
What I would like to do is to install a mail server inside my company in order to connect the various outlook clients in imap mode. However, I need the mail server to make fetchmail for various accounts from external servers.
Can I do this with this product?
Thank you

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

2 (edited by smshev 2017-12-21 18:50:38)

Re: fetchmail external account

zamengo wrote:

hello, I'm evaluating iredmail but from the demo available online I did not find the possibility to configure the automatic unloading of mail from external accounts.
What I would like to do is to install a mail server inside my company in order to connect the various outlook clients in imap mode. However, I need the mail server to make fetchmail for various accounts from external servers.
Thank you

Yes. In our company i use fetchmail for collect emails from external mailboxes (from hosting where placed our corp site or any other mail services) and deliver they to internal mailboxes on our corporate network. On internal mailserver intsalled iRedMail.

You need to configure fetchmail (set list of mailboxes you need to collect with corresponding connection options) and postfix to relay mails from your internal mailserver to external addresses.

OK thanks
I thought he had already integrated a fetchmail system

smshev wrote:
zamengo wrote:

Thank you

Yes. In our company i use fetchmail for collect emails from external mailboxes (from hosting where placed our corp site or any other mail services) and deliver they to internal mailboxes on our corporate network. On internal mailserver intsalled iRedMail.

You need to configure fetchmail (set list of mailboxes you need to collect with corresponding connection options) and postfix to relay mails from your internal mailserver to external addresses.

zamengo wrote:

I thought he had already integrated a fetchmail system

iRedMail doesn't integrate fetchmail (or alternative).