Topic: Blocked SMTP Connections

==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): 0.9.7-latest
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: debian jessie
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): ldap
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): apache
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? yes
- [IMPORTANT] Related original log or error message is required if you're experiencing an issue.
====
I experience problems when expecting some activation mail responses. There are no hints in the mail.log about thoese blocked mails. I'm pretty sure they are sent because I can see the connection from the remote mailserver with tcpdump. So there must be an instance (I have not found so far) that is immediately rejecting these mails before an event in the mail log is created. Is there a big picture how a mail connection is handled and which restriction apply at a specific phase in the SMTP communication?
Thank You and best regards
Christian

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Blocked SMTP Connections

If you believe sent email reached your server, you should check both firewall rules and Postfix log file.

If firewall is ok, Postfix will log something. If no log, that means the email didn't reach your server at all. Check DNS records then.