Topic: Migrate 0.8.3 to 0.9.7

==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): 0.8.3
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Centos 7
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): MySQL
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): Apache
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? Yes
- [IMPORTANT] Related original log or error message is required if you're experiencing an issue.
====

Hi guys, i want to upgrade my iredmail server to latest. I have installed 0.8.3 version and the latest version is 0.9.7, what way do you recommend me to do it?.

Is necessary upgrade one by one (0.8.4, 08.5, 0.8.6 ..., 0.9.7), or are there a best way with a fresh installation?

Thanks for your reply.

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Migrate 0.8.3 to 0.9.7

soloparatiss wrote:

Is necessary upgrade one by one (0.8.4, 08.5, 0.8.6 ..., 0.9.7), or are there a best way with a fresh installation?

Upgrading one by one is required. With CentOS 7, this way is ok.

Another way is setting up a new server, then migrate all mail accounts and mailboxes to new server.
We have many SQL structure changes since 0.8.3, it might be easier to upgrade instead of migrate. But it's up to you.

Mr ZhangHuangbin in this moment my old server is centos 6 and i have installed iredmail 0.8.3, but i need change to new server centos 7 and i want upgrade iredmail to latest 0.9.7.

With your suggestion so i will upgrade one by one 0.8.4, 0.8.5, 0.8.6, 0.8.7, 0.9.0 in my old server centos 6.

In the version 0.9.0 iredmail is supported by Centos 7 so i will migrate to new server Centos 7 with iredmail 0.9.0.
Question one: How migrate iredmail to different physical servers and differents SO  but same iredmail version?

When i have centos 7 + iredmail 0.9.0 in new server so i will upgrade 0.9.1, 0.9.2, 0.9.3, 0.9.4, 0.9.5, 0.9.5-1, 0.9.6, 0.9.7.

I have iredadmin pro with you, what care should i have?.

Thanks for your reply, sorry my english.

ZhangHuangbin wrote:
soloparatiss wrote:

Upgrading one by one is required. With CentOS 7, this way is ok.

Another way is setting up a new server, then migrate all mail accounts and mailboxes to new server.
We have many SQL structure changes since 0.8.3, it might be easier to upgrade instead of migrate. But it's up to you.

Your migration path is not right. Here's suggestion:

*) Upgrade iRedMail from 0.8.3 to 0.9.7 (again, one-by-one, do not skip any releases between them) on old server, on CentOS 6.
*) After you have iRedMail-0.9.7 running on old server, it's as easy as migrating SQL databases (dump with 'mysqldump' on old server, then import on new server) and copy mailboxes (just like copy normal files with 'cp', 'scp', 'rsync').

FYI: https://docs.iredmail.org/migrate.to.ne … erver.html

soloparatiss wrote:

I have iredadmin pro with you, what care should i have?.

Thank you very much for purchasing the license.

iRedAdmin-Pro licenses covers tech support for iRedAdmin-Pro itself, not iRedMail server and migration.