Topic: Is it forward record mandatory on new mailbox setup ?

==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): 0.9.7
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Debian 8
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): MySQL
- Web server (Apache or Nginx):Nginx
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? No :-(
- [IMPORTANT] Related original log or error message is required if you're experiencing an issue.
====

Thanks for your product and support and sorry for my English :-)

When I setup a new mail user with iRedAdmin a new record is created in "mailbox" table and "forwardings" table.

Is this really mandatory ??

In previous versions I only create a new record in "alias" table (forwardings table is new in this verion) if I want to forward the msg and keep a copy in user mailbox.

I have tried to create a new user and to delete the "forwardings" record for this user and it works fine (the user receives the msgs in his mailbox) .... so .... Why are created the "forwardings" record by default ??

Thanks for your help again ...

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Is it forward record mandatory on new mailbox setup ?

lorenzo wrote:

YES.

lorenzo wrote:

In previous versions I only create a new record in "alias" table (forwardings table is new in this verion) if I want to forward the msg and keep a copy in user mailbox.

You missed record table in "mailbox".

ZhangHuangbin wrote:
lorenzo wrote:

YES.

lorenzo wrote:

You missed record table in "mailbox".

Thanks ..... But ....

I have tried to create a new user ONLY in "mailbox" (no record in "forwardings" exist) and it works fine (the user receives the msgs in his mailbox) .... so .... Why are created the "forwardings" record by default ??

Thanks again ...

To reduce SQL queries in Postfix.

Hi Zhang ...

Thanks a lot for your help.

Nice to meet you.