Re: Roadmap: iRedMail-1.0

Hi,

are there any updates on that roadmap or an ETA for version 1.0 or any newer release than the current 0.9.6?

Cheers,
Arne

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Can someone explain to me. Do I really need to update every module separatelly or is there some script to update all at once?

Blisk wrote:

Can someone explain to me. Do I really need to update every module separatelly or is there some script to update all at once?

you have to do this modular update.

Many system administrators will update some config files to achieve this or that feature, and it's hard to update config file without messing your own settings.

Suggestion:
Please make Postfix trust the local certificates. For Debian 9.1 this would be done via including the following lines in
/etc/postfix/main.cf

smtp_tls_CApath = /etc/ssl/certs
smtpd_tls_CApath = /etc/ssl/certs

This changes your mail.log
when sending mail from untrusted to trusted
when receiving mail from untrusted to anonymous.

nimbus wrote:

smtp_tls_CApath = /etc/ssl/certs
smtpd_tls_CApath = /etc/ssl/certs

This has been fixed in development edition, and will be available in next release.

FYI: https://bitbucket.org/zhb/iredmail/comm … d550ddabfe

I suggest that 1.0 will ship with the OpenDMARC package and be able to parse that.

Hello Zhang,

do we have expected date for version 1.0 release ?

hello Zhang,

maybe good idea is protected PHP scripts, something like Web Firewall.
For example - we use NinjaFirewall https://nintechnet.com/ninjafirewall/pro-edition/
for Wp/Joomla/etc - its free and really nice.

I will try it with iRedMail and write something.

Protect is always good idea smile

kazix

bu3ny wrote:

do we have expected date for version 1.0 release ?

We need help to test iRedMail-0.9.8 beta releases. smile
https://www.iredmail.org/download.html

Hi Zhang,

Is mlmmj better than mailman? I ask this because mailman is the most used maillist in the world. At least I think. smile

Hello Zhang! I'm running 0.9.8 and one situation that I ran into is that in order for spamhaus in postscreen to work without using a paid account for high volume permission is that any DNS server you use outside of your own local DNS server (must install BIND first) has likely exceeded it's quota of free lookups. The best way around this was to install BIND and in the dns entries in my system put 127.0.0.1 as the top entry. This is the only thing that was missing to make it work as your installation already configures postscreen properly for zen.spamhaus.org and b.barracudacentral.org.

It should be noted to anyone that postscreen is the efficient way to do this versus the reject_rbl_client under smtpd_recipient_restrictions = bl.whatever method that seems to be prevalent on the internet.

Do most people not have this issue with their dns servers? Should BIND be setup and 127.0.0.1 added to the resolver by default? Keeping the public dns servers below it prevents other problems so it seems to be working well.

zen.spamhaus.org free tire has 3 limits:

1) Your use of the Spamhaus DNSBLs is non-commercial*,
    and
2) Your email traffic is less than 100,000 SMTP connections
    per day, and
3) Your DNSBL query volume is less than 300,000 queries
    per day.

https://www.spamhaus.org/organization/dnsblusage/

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

zen.spamhaus.org free tire has 3 limits:

1) Your use of the Spamhaus DNSBLs is non-commercial*,
    and
2) Your email traffic is less than 100,000 SMTP connections
    per day, and
3) Your DNSBL query volume is less than 300,000 queries
    per day.

https://www.spamhaus.org/organization/dnsblusage/

This is true however since my email server is at a datacenter  and their dns servers are limited, there is no isp dns servers so I use Google's DNS servers. When Spamhaus is queried this way, I could easily be the millionth person that day that tried querying spamhaus via google's dns. It is also well known that many isp's dns servers are in the same situation on a possibly smaller scale so Spamhaus recommends using your own dns server as I did with bind.

I'm just mentioning this because many iRedmail users are likely not getting the benefits of zen.spamhaus.org which is the best I have used for my needs. I was able to delete my entire blacklist and I get at best a few spam's a day. Looking at the mail logs, the majority of the traffic is attempted spam that spamhaus catches and to a good extent, barracuda as well. To reiterate, Spamhaus is very touchy about which dns you use on your server to query them since you aren't the only one who queries them with well used dns servers.

Is installing bind by default something you would consider or would it benefit few people?

Davesworld wrote:

This is true however since my email server is at a datacenter  and their dns servers are limited, there is no isp dns servers so I use Google's DNS servers. When Spamhaus is queried this way, I could easily be the millionth person that day that tried querying spamhaus via google's dns. It is also well known that many isp's dns servers are in the same situation on a possibly smaller scale so Spamhaus recommends using your own dns server as I did with bind.

Setup your own local DNS server (it could be cache-only).

FYI: https://www.spamhaus.org/faq/section/DNSBL%20Usage#261

90 (edited by Davesworld 2018-05-24 11:10:45)

ZhangHuangbin wrote:
Davesworld wrote:

Setup your own local DNS server (it could be cache-only).

FYI: https://www.spamhaus.org/faq/section/DNSBL%20Usage#261

I was able to use the dns server of my hosting provider (not the same nameservers I mentioned previously as their dns used to point my domain to) as the top entry and keep google as well as cloud9 below that and Spamhaus still works as well as Barracuda. For whatever reason when I installed bind9 and entered 127.0.0.1 as the top dns I stopped getting emails to postmaster with the daily summary, backups and so forth. I unstalled bind9 now, no I purged it since it is Debian and apt. I do not know what else I may have done that stopped the system from sending mails to postmaster. Will see if I get any mails overnight.