Topic: Disabling domain verification messages that appear on Roundcube

==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): 0.9.7 MARIADB edition
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Ubuntu 16.04.3 LTS
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): MySQL
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): Apache
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? No
- [IMPORTANT] Related original log or error message is required if you're experiencing an issue.
====

When Mautic sends its batches of e-mails though the iRedMail server I built, and try to send to a recipient with an invalid domain in the address, the process hangs and I get a "[Swift_TransportException]" message like the one above:

[Swift_TransportException]                                                   
Expected response code 250 but got code "450", with message "450 4.1.2 <whatever.name@whateverdomain.comm>: Recipient address rejected: Domain not found"

Mautic never displays any kind of feedback on the shell if the PHP commands are ran manually, and the outputs on the log files are always completely blank, except in situations like these: invalid domain.

I believe it's caused by that same process that verifies the domain of the recipient in Roundcube: when you try to send an e-mail to a non existent domain or to an alias that doesn't exist in your own organization (the same domain as you) a warning is displayed in your screen and the message is not sent.

I think this verification is what is causing the problems with Mautic: maybe the warning messages on Roundcube come from Postfix or Dovecot, and aren't exclusive to the webmail's interface, and that feature of the mail server is trying to interact with a system that wasn't prepared for such situations (to receive a message intended to be displayed on the screen of the webmail or maybe other client).

I would like to be able to disable this verification, so the messages to be sent are accepted by my iRedMail server and I receive an "Undelivered Mail Returned to Sender" message, just like what is happening with other messages.

It's the first run, in Mautic, of a list with more than 65.000 recipients, that was never verified by the customer before: all those invalid recipients with invalid domains are going to be blocked and then corrected or deleted, so this behavior won't be a real issue with this customer anymore, but I want to be prepared for a future similar situation, and I'm very curious right now.

Thank you in advance.

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Disabling domain verification messages that appear on Roundcube

Try to remove "reject_unknown_recipient_domain" in /etc/postfix/main.cf, restart postfix service and try again.

Re: Disabling domain verification messages that appear on Roundcube

Yes, it worked!  Thank you!

There are also other options there, that may be very useful, I guess.