1 (edited by laurentd 2018-02-23 17:05:23)

Topic: how to setup default SMTP smart host in postfix

======== Required information ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): v0.9.7
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: CentOS Linux release 7.4.1708 (Core)
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): LDAP
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): nginx/1.12.2
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? YES iRedAdmin-Pro     v3.0 (LDAP)
- [IMPORTANT] Related original log or error message is required if you're experiencing an issue.
====

Hi,

I'm on the way to migrate from IBM Lotus Domino to iRedMail.
Since i'm quite new with postfix i would appreciate some help to solve this error:

Feb 23 15:34:29 mx01 postfix/submission/smtpd[6754]: connect from unknown[10.84.8.50]
Feb 23 15:34:29 mx01 postfix/submission/smtpd[6754]: Anonymous TLS connection established from unknown[10.84.8.50]: TLSv1.2 with cipher ECDHE-RSA-AES128-GCM-SHA256 (128/128 bits)
Feb 23 15:34:30 mx01 postfix/submission/smtpd[6754]: NOQUEUE: reject: RCPT from unknown[10.84.8.50]: 550 5.1.1 <lotususer@mydomain.com>: Recipient address rejected: User unknown in virtual mailbox table; from=<lotus&iRedmailUser@mydomain.com> to=<lotususer@mydomain.com> proto=ESMTP helo=<laptop02.mydomain.com>
Feb 23 15:34:32 mx01 postfix/submission/smtpd[6754]: disconnect from unknown[10.84.8.50]

In Attachement the current diagram of my environment. This is a temporally setup that i will use until i finish to migrate all accounts from Domino to iRedMail.
In green all working SMT traffic.
In Red what i'm trying to setup in postfix via iRedAdmin for the domain mydomain.com "Relay outgoing email to" = [IPaddr smg.mydomain.com] (but didn't work)

My problem is that the server reject at the header command "RCPT from" because user <lotususer@mydomain.com> can't be found in iRedmail server (i want to migrate mailbox by mailbox).

I would like that postfix, during the time of the migration, forward all outbound SMTP traffic to my MTA smg.mydomain.com.

any way to do that ?
If not what would be another alternative ? (i prefere not setup smg.mydomain.com as default SMTP in all my MUA)

Thanks
Laurent

Post's attachments

smtptraffic.png 157.5 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: how to setup default SMTP smart host in postfix

laurentd wrote:

Recipient address rejected: User unknown in virtual mailbox table

This error message the destination address doesn't exist on your server (LDAP).

laurentd wrote:

My problem is that the server reject at the header command "RCPT from" because user <lotususer@mydomain.com> can't be found in iRedmail server (i want to migrate mailbox by mailbox).

You'd better migrate all mail accounts first. if not, then please just test the migrated accounts.