Topic: SMTP AUTH is required

==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): 0.9.7
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Centos 7
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): LDAP
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): NGINX
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? YES
- [IMPORTANT] Related original log or error message is required if you're experiencing an issue.
Recipient address rejected:
    SMTP AUTH is required, or it is a spam with forged sender domain (in reply
    to RCPT TO command)
====
Hi
I am getting the above error for the domain on the iredmail server itself, I have added the host ip to main.cf and also /opt/iredapd/settnigs.py as listed here https://docs.iredmail.org/errors.html#r … er-domain. Any advice appreciated. Thanks
Regards
Daz

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: SMTP AUTH is required

Did you reload Postfix and iRedAPD ? (or restart the server)

Hi nicolasfo thanks for your reply, yes I have restarted the server after making these changes. do I need to have localhost also listed in these files as well?

Regards
Daz

I have tried with and without localhost ip added to the settings.py and restarting server each time still with the same result. Any other ideas that I can check to try and correct this issue
Thanks
Daz

ubutux wrote:

I am getting the above error for the domain on the iredmail server itself

How did you get this error message? Sending from another mail server to iRedMail server? Or sending with a MUA like Outlook, Thunderbird?

Hi Zhang  i get this error when my other server setup as a spam gateway sends email to my iredmail server.

Thanks

ubutux wrote:

i get this error when my other server setup as a spam gateway sends email to my iredmail server.

This is expected error in this case.
You can add IP of your spam gateway in /opt/iredapd/settings.py, parameter 'MYNETWORKS' like below:

MYNETWORKS = ['192.168.1.1', '172.16.0.0/16']

Then restart iredapd service.

Hi Zhang thanks for your reply, I had the ip address already listed in /opt/iredapd/settings.py and that was my issue as it was not working correctly so I posted here in the forum. On re-checking settings.py I have found a mistake on my part and on fixing this mistake the mail is being recieved now without issue. Thanks to you and nicolasfo for your replys and help.
Regards
Daz