Topic: Spam returning after VM move

==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): 0.9.7
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Debian 8
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): MySQL
- Web server (Apache or Nginx):Apache2
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro?No
- [IMPORTANT] Related original log or error message is required if you're experiencing an issue.
====

I had iRedMail running fairly well until I moved it to a new VM server.  Nothing else has changed and the VM host OS is still Hyper-V. 

For some reason I'm getting a huge increase in spam.  Is there any reason moving to a new VM Host would cause this?  Nothing within the VM itself was changed.

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Spam returning after VM move

Just to be clear - did you move "THE SAME" virtual server to another cluster?

Not sure I understand the question. 

I had my mail server running on a Win server 2016 with hyper-V.  I merged all checkpoints so there was just one VHD to move.  I exported it to a USB drive.  I then imported it onto a new Win server 2016 with Hyper-V.  Everything appears to be identical except I am getting much more spam than I did before I moved it. 

Does that answer your question?

Was the IP address of your the MX type DNS record changed?

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

The public IP address and MX record were not changed.  The internal IP address of the server was not changed either.  The router was replaced with an identical router setup with the same parameters.  The VM server that hosts the VM email server was also replaced with an identical setup. 

I am attempting to prepare an identical setup so that I can move it to a new location without any downtime.  So everything is supposed to be exactly the same.

Maybe a fail-over cluster is what you really need?

If nothing is changed on Your end (server OS instance, IP addresses, firewall settings, DNS etc) then I would check if Amavis
and greylisting is still running.
- Check an incomming mail (that You think is spam) and view the RAW format. is there an X-Spam header originating from Your mailserver?  Do mail arrive to mailboxes although Spam
https://docs.iredmail.org/no.x-spam.headers.html

- Check that the iRedAPD.service is running. Check if the config file hasn't been modified since previous server restart
https://docs.iredmail.org/manage.iredapd.html
https://docs.iredmail.org/file.locations.html

qwazi wrote:
ZhangHuangbin wrote:

The public IP address and MX record were not changed.  The internal IP address of the server was not changed either.  The router was replaced with an identical router setup with the same parameters.  The VM server that hosts the VM email server was also replaced with an identical setup. 

I am attempting to prepare an identical setup so that I can move it to a new location without any downtime.  So everything is supposed to be exactly the same.