- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): 0.9.4
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: ubuntu 14.04
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): MYSQL
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): Nginx
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? YES
- Related log if you're reporting an issue:
====

Hi,
Every few weeks i have a user sending me an email telling me that emails to my address are rejected / do not arrive.
the message is:
Recipient address rejected:
              Intentional policy rejection, please try again later

I know this is greylisting but users should not get notice of that, or?

It is misleading for my customers to receive a message that the email was not received yet - even though it says "you don't need to send this message again", they usually tend to warn me about me having a mail server problem.

Is there any way for me to make sure that greylisting is not noted by the sender?
I like greylisting but people do not know about it and think that my mailserver is badly setup...

thanks!

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Intentional policy rejection

The notification email is not sent by iRedMail, but the sender's mail server.

To disable/bypass greylisting for this mail domain, please whitelist this sender's mail domain name with iRedAdmin-Pro:

System -> Anti Spam -> Greylisting -> "Do not apply greylisting on emails sent from domains listed below"

ok i understand...
I know the warning isn't sent by iredmail -
so it just depends on the senders mail server if warnings like this are sent to the sender by email or not...
there is no switch that would tell the senders mail server this is greylisting and he should try again...?

Error code 451 (and other 4xx) means this is a temporary error, sender server should try to re-deliver the email later.

So, it's very clear what sender mail server should do, but it looks like sender server doesn't strictly follow it. Does this sender send email from several/many different ip addresses?

You say :

To disable/bypass greylisting for this mail domain, please whitelist this sender's mail domain name with iRedAdmin-Pro:
System -> Anti Spam -> Greylisting -> "Do not apply greylisting on emails sent from domains listed below"

Ok fine I have community version and any emails from domains hosting in OVH become rejected now for the community version how with manage the greylist

You can also manage greylisting with command line tool:
http://www.iredmail.org/docs/manage.iredapd.html

Greylisting is very good when email does not come from systems that the sending server IP will change every time it try to send the same email, IE: outlook.com

also the message "Intentional policy rejection" is misleading.
I like better to respond "Sorry, Server is busy, try again in a minute"
where can I change it

sergiocesar wrote:

where can I change it

Add setting 'GREYLISTING_MESSAGE =' in /opt/iredapd/settings.py, like this:

GREYLISTING_MESSAGE = 'Sorry, server is busy, ...'

Then restart iRedAPD service.

I am adding this parameter and restarted dovecot with out getting any effects. how do I restart iRedAPD service ?

ZhangHuangbin wrote:
sergiocesar wrote:

where can I change it

Add setting 'GREYLISTING_MESSAGE =' in /opt/iredapd/settings.py, like this:

GREYLISTING_MESSAGE = 'Sorry, server is busy, ...'

Then restart iRedAPD service.

nevermind I was using Iredapd and not iredapd..

service iredapd restart does the job

thanks

Guillermo Dewey