Topic: How Difficult is it to switch from Nginx to Apache?

==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): 0.9.7 MARIADB edition.
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Cemtos 7
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): MySQL (MariaDB)
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): Nginx
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? Yes
- [IMPORTANT] Related original log or error message is required if you're experiencing an issue.
====

I just wanted to find out how difficult it would be to convert from using Nginx to Apache, I use Apache for other things and my host decided to install Nginx prior to me getting an opportunity to get Apache installed

Does the install script manage automatic cutover between the different webhosts? I should mention this would be done on a production machine which is why I'm asking for feedback before doing anything.

Thanks for your time!

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: How Difficult is it to switch from Nginx to Apache?

WARNING: iRedMail is designed to be deployed on a FRESH server system, which means your server does NOT have mail related components installed, e.g. Apache/Nginx, MySQL, OpenLDAP, Postfix, Dovecot, Amavisd, etc. iRedMail will install and configure them for you automatically. Otherwise it may override your existing files/configurations althought it will backup files before modifying, and it may not be working as expected.

3 (edited by MikeHollis 2018-03-19 20:49:22)

Re: How Difficult is it to switch from Nginx to Apache?

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

WARNING: iRedMail is designed to be deployed on a FRESH server system, which means your server does NOT have mail related components installed, e.g. Apache/Nginx, MySQL, OpenLDAP, Postfix, Dovecot, Amavisd, etc. iRedMail will install and configure them for you automatically. Otherwise it may override your existing files/configurations althought it will backup files before modifying, and it may not be working as expected.

I am okay with it altering configs if it will do that, I didn't install apache yet pending your response.  and the only thing that uses Nginx currently is iRedmail, my question is just if re-running the installer will change already existing configurations to allow iredmail to work the rest of the configuration doesn't matter.

It is also a fresh os install