1 (edited by RattleAndHum 2018-04-05 17:26:40)

Topic: SOLVED: Sogo mail filter rules not working (after Dovecot update)

==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): 0.9.6 MySQL
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: FreeBSD 11.1-RELEASE-p9
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): MySQL
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): Nginx
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? No
- [IMPORTANT] Related original log or error message is required if you're experiencing an issue.
====

Hi list,

yesterday I've upgraded some packages on my iRedMail system, one of them was Dovecot. See also https://forum.iredmail.org/topic14084-d … eebsd.html
This morning I found out that now also the Sogo mail filter rules are not working anymore. I've looked at the different log files and found the following log items which are worrying (from dovecot.log and dovecot-sieve.log):
Debug: acl vfile: file /var/vmail/vmail1/domain.com/l/i/s/mailbox-2017.08.31.15.14.43//Maildir/dovecot-acl not found
Error: sieve: Failed to initialize script execution: Invalid postmaster_address: invalid address `root' specified for the postmaster_address setting

I see a setting 'postmaster_address = root' in the 'protocol lda' section of the dovecot.conf. Is this setting wrong?

Where do I have to look to troubleshoot this further?

Thank you in advance.

With kind regards,
Lars Wittebrood

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: SOLVED: Sogo mail filter rules not working (after Dovecot update)

Looks like I have this resolved. I've commented out the 'postmaster_address = root' in the 'protocol lda' part of the dovecot.conf file. The file /usr/local/etc/dovecot/example-config/conf.d/15-lda.conf states:

# Address to use when sending rejection mails.
# Default is postmaster@%d. %d expands to recipient domain.
#postmaster_address =

Re: SOLVED: Sogo mail filter rules not working (after Dovecot update)

Thanks for sharing. smile