Topic: Import many aliases from old Postfix installation

Hi,

I am in the process of moving from an old Postfix installation to iRedMail (iRedAdmin-Pro 1.2.0). Is there any way to import a list of 200+ aliases for a mailadress? Example:
I have one real adress like test@nicolinux.org and I want a list of (alias1@nicolinux.org, alias2@nicolinux.org,...) to point to test@nicolinux.org.

Many thanks.

By the way - I find the logic in iRedAdmin-Pro to be backwards regarding aliases. Why do I have to create an alias and then add one or many real adresses to it? This sounds like a mailing list (which is already supported by the mailing list feature). Wouldn't it make more sense to create a real adress and then add one or many aliases to it?

Best wishes,
Sorin

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Import many aliases from old Postfix installation

It's better to use mail list instead of alias smile
You can create it with iRedAdmin-Pro.

Very helpful... thanks.
Creating 200+ mail lists by hand is not a very nice prospect. Might as well create aliases...
Is there really no manual way or with scripts that I can use?

You're right, i will improve iRedAdmin-Pro to allow paste all members in input area (html tag <textarea>).