Topic: iRedMail used for mail relay

==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): 0.9.8 MARIADB edition.
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: CentOS Linux release 7.4.1708 (Core)
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): MariaDB - MySQL
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): Nginx
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? No, free version
- [IMPORTANT] Related original log or error message is required if you're experiencing an issue.
====

Im brand new to iRedMail, Im wanting to use it as a relay for many servers (internal and external) to be able to relay email (mostly realtime alerts) with username/password authentication, not just an open relay where anyone could relay mail from this server without some sort of authentication. I just installed it today, was able to log into the https://server/iredadmin, added a user "bsdccu". It looks simple and very quick, but need this for my system.

This is what one of my internal servers shows when trying to relay:

Apr 09 14:46:26 rbu1 sendEmail[15209]: NOTICE => Authentication not supported by the remote SMTP server!
Apr 09 14:46:26 rbu1 sendEmail[15209]: WARNING => The recipient <jbishir@blahblah.com> was rejected by the mail server, error follows:
Apr 09 14:46:26 rbu1 sendEmail[15209]: WARNING => Received:     450 4.7.1 <rbu1.blahblah.com>: Helo command rejected: Host not found
Apr 09 14:46:26 rbu1 sendEmail[15209]: ERROR => Exiting. No recipients were accepted for delivery by the mail server.

Ive googled a little bit, but everything seems to point to having iRedMail AdminPro and enabling forged relays, etc, but  I dont see thats free. I tried adding mynetworks to the /etc/postfix/main.cf and restarting postfix - no luck. Can iRedMail do what I need, or should I look at Zimbra? Thanks

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: iRedMail used for mail relay

jbishir wrote:

==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): 0.9.8 MARIADB edition.
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: CentOS Linux release 7.4.1708 (Core)
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): MariaDB - MySQL
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): Nginx
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? No, free version
- [IMPORTANT] Related original log or error message is required if you're experiencing an issue.
====

Im brand new to iRedMail, Im wanting to use it as a relay for many servers (internal and external) to be able to relay email (mostly realtime alerts) with username/password authentication, not just an open relay where anyone could relay mail from this server without some sort of authentication. I just installed it today, was able to log into the https://server/iredadmin, added a user "bsdccu". It looks simple and very quick, but need this for my system.

This is what one of my internal servers shows when trying to relay:

Apr 09 14:46:26 rbu1 sendEmail[15209]: NOTICE => Authentication not supported by the remote SMTP server!
Apr 09 14:46:26 rbu1 sendEmail[15209]: WARNING => The recipient <jbishir@blahblah.com> was rejected by the mail server, error follows:
Apr 09 14:46:26 rbu1 sendEmail[15209]: WARNING => Received:     450 4.7.1 <rbu1.blahblah.com>: Helo command rejected: Host not found
Apr 09 14:46:26 rbu1 sendEmail[15209]: ERROR => Exiting. No recipients were accepted for delivery by the mail server.

Ive googled a little bit, but everything seems to point to having iRedMail AdminPro and enabling forged relays, etc, but  I dont see thats free. I tried adding mynetworks to the /etc/postfix/main.cf and restarting postfix - no luck. Can iRedMail do what I need, or should I look at Zimbra? Thanks

For the systems that you are using the "bsdccu" account to authenticate to your iredmail server make sure that you are using port 587.

Hope this helps.
-Ron

Re: iRedMail used for mail relay

If this is a trusted internal server, you can simply append its IP address in Postfix (on iRedMail server) config file /etc/postfix/main.cf, like this:

mynetworks = 127.0.0.1 192.168.1.100

Replace '192.168.1.100' by the real IP address of this internal server.