- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release):  0.9.4
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Ubuntu 14.04 LTS
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL):  MariaDB
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): Nginx
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? No
- Related log if you're reporting an issue:
====

Hey,
     First of all thank you for this project. It is my first time setting up a mail server and It wasn't as hard as I feared, in fact It was pretty easy for the most part. There is one bit that I can't figure out though. So I bought a domain name (abc.com) and then set the fqdn to be mx.abc.com while doing the initial setup. Now my test e-mail address has the following name test@mx.abc.com, I want to configure it so that whenever someone sends an e-mail to test@abc.com it gets relayed to test@mx.abc.com. Long story short I want my e-mail addresses to have the abc.com suffix rather than mx.abc.com. How would I do that manually, without the iRedAdmin-Pro license ?
Thanks,

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Alias Domain for MySql ?

Easy: change your server hostname to another one (not 'abc.com', 'mx.abc.com'), then add mx.abc.com as an alias domain of 'abc.com' with sql command below:

sql> USE vmail;
sql> INSERT INTO alias_domain (alias_domain, target_domain) VALUES ('mx.abc.com', 'abc.com');

Did that, now I suppose I need to add that e-mail to a table somewhere. Here is the error I get when I try to get send an e-mail from gmail.
The error that the other server returned was:
550 5.1.1 <hey@abc.com>: Recipient address rejected: User unknown in local recipient table
actual address is hey@mx.abc.com.

I had perpetrate such script for user aliases management.
Feel free to use it, modify, commits welcome smile
Domains and BlackHoles (do-not-reply) will be soon
https://bitbucket.org/webactivities/ire … rc/master/