Topic: Wrong time

==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): 0.8.7
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: CentOS
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): MySQL
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): Apache
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? No
- [IMPORTANT] Related original log or error message is required if you're experiencing an issue.
====

Hello

I have wrong time in delivered mail. But "date"on mail server shows right time.
What should i change?

Best Regards,
Ilya Sizganov

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Wrong time

i.sizganov wrote:

I have wrong time in delivered mail.

What do you mean "wrong time"?

ZhangHuangbin wrote:
i.sizganov wrote:

I have wrong time in delivered mail.

What do you mean "wrong time"?

Hello, thank you for you reply.
In Outlook (as in Roundcube) i can see time "18:46" on delivered mail, although real delivery time is 12:00.

Best Regards,
Ilya

let's say user composed email at 10:00AM, he submitted email to his mail server at 10:01AM, his mail server tried to connect to your mail server to deliver this email, if you have greylisting service enabled, it's possible that this email will be delivered after 30 minutes (if this is the first time it connects your mail server), and your mail server will perform spam/virus scanning, then deliver to your mailbox.

There maybe some other issue happen on his mail server and your mail server, and it delays the final arrive time. Most times you can check mail header to figure it out, you will find how long it stays in which place.

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

let's say user composed email at 10:00AM, he submitted email to his mail server at 10:01AM, his mail server tried to connect to your mail server to deliver this email, if you have greylisting service enabled, it's possible that this email will be delivered after 30 minutes (if this is the first time it connects your mail server), and your mail server will perform spam/virus scanning, then deliver to your mailbox.

There maybe some other issue happen on his mail server and your mail server, and it delays the final arrive time. Most times you can check mail header to figure it out, you will find how long it stays in which place.

The fact is that the time is wrong for all the incoming letters, moreover they arrive on time, right after the sending. Maybe it's the wrong time zone on the server isredmail?

Please show us where you find the timestamps. for example, mail header, postfix log file, etc.