Topic: SMTP Listening port change iRedMail-0.9.8

==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): 0.9.8
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Centos 7
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): MySQL/MariaDB
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): Nginx
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? No
- [IMPORTANT] Related original log or error message is required if you're experiencing an issue.
====

I have installed and configured iRedMail 0.9.8. I am one of many people having my ISP block port 25. There are numerous articles out there on how to change your SMTP listening port to another port, but none of them provide the same syntax as what is accepted in my main.cnf. When I add this line to my .cnf I get the error below it and the postfix service will not start:

26       inet  n       -       -       -       -       smtpd

error:
postfix[7158]: fatal: /etc/postfix/main.cf, line 352: missing '=' after attribute name: "26     inet  n       -       -       -       -       smtpd"

I have tinkered with adding an "=" in there, but the syntax just does not match my main.cnf.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: SMTP Listening port change iRedMail-0.9.8

The problem is, all mail servers communicate with each other through port 25, it's defined by RFC document.
if you open port 26 but close 25 (blocked by ISP), how does your server communicate with other mail servers? You will not receive any emails from others.

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

The problem is, all mail servers communicate with each other through port 25, it's defined by RFC document.
if you open port 26 but close 25 (blocked by ISP), how does your server communicate with other mail servers? You will not receive any emails from others.

That is easily overcome with a redirecting server. I just need to know how to change the port for this version of iRedMail since it does not appear to use the same syntax as previous iRedMail/Postfix versions.

No change in Postfix syntax at all.