Topic: 3 servers architecture

==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): 0.9.8
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Debian 9
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): MySQL
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): Preferably Apache
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? No
- [IMPORTANT] Related original log or error message is required if you're experiencing an issue.
====

Is there a way how to do split installation of iRedmail within 3 servers? e.g.
1. Database server
2. Mail server
3. Web server

I managed to make DB server and connect mail server to DB. But I am wondering how i can install iredadmin on separate webserver.
My concern is performance. I prefer not to keep mail server and DB server together with web server because for example clamav, amavis and MySQL are big ram eaters.

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: 3 servers architecture

Currently you have to do this manually. For example:

- Deploy iRedMail on 3 servers.
- Update firewall rules to allow remote access to SQL server.
- Update config files to use remote SQL server.

P.S. we're working on iRedMail Ansible edition to implement this setup, but you will need to wait for some more weeks because it will be available to you on a cloud platform, no download of this Ansible edition separately.

So does this mean that the ansible playbooks, etc. are going to be closed source?

iredmailtnt wrote:

are going to be closed source?

iRedMail is always open source.
We're trying to build a SAAS-like deployment platform, it will be easier to offer new components (e.g. different webmails). For this saas platform, we have no plan to release the source code yet (the website, the ansible playbooks, etc).