Topic: New users cant send-receive email

Hi

I have succesfully installed iRedMail + MySQL on Debian-Lenny  smile
First user has been created and can send -receive emails , no problem.

I create some other users following this steps:

http://code.google.com/p/iredmail/wiki/ … new_users?
New users are created, I can see them in MySQL database (mailbox table). These new users can login to squirrelmail or roundcube, no problem at all.

The problem is I just cant send or receive emails to these new users. I mean, if I send an email from @gmail.com for example, I get this kind of error:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is an automatically generated Delivery Status Notification

Delivery to the following recipient failed permanently:

pruebita5@myowndomain.homelinux.org

Technical details of permanent failure:
Google tried to deliver your message, but it was rejected by the recipient domain. We recommend contacting the other email provider for further information about the cause of this error. The error that the other server returned was: 550 550 5.1.1 <pruebita5@myowndomain.homelinux.org>: Recipient address rejected: User unknown in local recipient table (state 14).
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If I login to squirrelmail and try to send an email I get something like:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message not sent. Server replied:

Requested action not taken: mailbox unavailable
    550 5.1.0 <pruebita5@myowndomain.homelinux.org>: Sender address rejected: User unknown in local recipient table
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What can be wrong? What can I do here?
Thanx

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: New users cant send-receive email

Which version of iredmail do you use?

Please try to debug mysql query.

0.5.2 Rc2
How/ where to debug mysql ?
:S

Ups !!! this is it:

iRedMail-0.5.0-rc2

Hey !!
I found there is no alias created beyond first user. It looks like some little errors on creating-user*.sh sript, isen it?

I added them directly to MySQL:

INSERT INTO `alias` (`address`, `goto`, `domain`, `created`, `modified`, `expired`, `active`) VALUES
('pruebita5@myowndomain.homelinux.org', 'pruebita5@myowndomain.homelinux.org', 'myowndomain.homelinux.org', '2009-07-10 10:24:08', '0000-00-00 00:00:00', '9999-12-31 00:00:00', 1);

Its sending emails now !!!
Its not receiving yet, but I am working on it.

Now I am sending and receiving emails !!
smile

Note: Let me know whats wrong with automatic edition of alias table when create new users for mailbox table

New version of tools/create_mail_user_MySQL.sh won't insert alias now. Thanks for your feedback. smile

I assumed that the 'INSERT INTO alias' line was not necessary in the create_mail_user_MySQL.sh script, so I took it out. When I was done importing the .sql file into the database, I noticed that on the postfixadmin portal there was a negative amount of alias'. That in and of itself I thought was odd probably because I don't get why you would need alias' in the first place. I primarily want mailboxes. What is the point of the extra step of creating an extra step getting email to the main mailbox?

Either way I went back to the script and put back the 'INSERT INTO alias' command and everything seemed to go back to normal.

I don't know why PostfixAdmin required an alias and a mailbox record for one user, i don't know why they design this.

Only one record in vmail.mailbox table is enough for a normal mail user.

I face with same problem, I use OpenLDAP as my backend on CentOS 5.3. When I use "create_mail_user_OpenLDAP.sh" to create new user, it succeed but only default user "www@mydomain.com"can send-receive mail. Please intruct me to solve it. Best regard