Topic: Allow unauthenticated mail (internal network) - blocks web access

==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): 0.9.8
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Ubuntu 18.04 Server LTS
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): MySQL
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): Nginx
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? Yes
- [IMPORTANT] Related original log or error message is required if you're experiencing an issue.
====

For a device I need to setup a way to send unauthenticated mails (internal network only).

Done so far:

* added: /etc/postfix/accepted_unauth_senders, contains:

sender@report.xy OK

created the hash with "postmap hash:/etc/postfix/accepted_unauth_senders"

* modified "etc/postfix/main.cf" and added

check_sender_access hash:/etc/postfix/accepted_unauth_senders

* restarted POSTFIX, runs fine.

Next step:

* Added "/opt/iredapd/settings.py" (which is actually "/opt/iredapd-2.2/settings.py")

ALLOWED_FORGED_SENDERS = ['user@report.xy']

and restartet iRedMailADP  ... and even the whole box.

Problem:

After I modified  "/opt/iredapd/settings.py" I can't login via browser (Roundcube, iRedAdmin-Pro) anymore.

Removing the line and restarting, everything is fine. The status checks of Postfix/iRedMail don't give me any clues.

What can I do?

Greetings,
Peter

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Allow unauthenticated mail (internal network) - blocks web access

OK. It's working again.
Since switching to Ubuntu 18.04 LTS Server, "ufw" is activ and doesn't start automatically. After a "sudo ufw enable", everything is working as it should.

Just a remark about the Python script "/opt/iredapd/settings.py" - it doesn't like it if there are German Umlauts in a comment. Never seen this before that  the content of a comment causes a script to fail.

Problem solved. smile

Greetings,
Peter

Re: Allow unauthenticated mail (internal network) - blocks web access

p.schumacher wrote:

Just a remark about the Python script "/opt/iredapd/settings.py" - it doesn't like it if there are German Umlauts in a comment. Never seen this before that  the content of a comment causes a script to fail.

Try adding one line as FIRST line in /opt/iredapd/settings.py:

# -*- coding: utf-8 -*-