Topic: Users can't login into Roundcube - Could not connect to 127.0.0.1:143
==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): 0.9.7
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Debian 8
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): LDAP
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): Apache
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? Yes
- [IMPORTANT] Related original log or error message is required if you're experiencing an issue.
since i upgraded to 0.9.7 and Rondcube 1.3, randomly after hours or days of normal use, users can't login into Roundcube anymore and this error occurs in /var/log/syslog:
IMAP Error: Login failed for firstname.lastname@example.org from xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx. Could not connect to 127.0.0.1:143: connection refused in /opt/www/roundcubemail-1.2.0/program/lib/Roundcube/rcube_imap.php on line 196 (POST /mail/?_task=login&_action=login)
Dovecote is alive, IMAP-connections with external clients like thunderbird etc. are working. telnet localhost 143 works fine, too.
Searching for s solution sometimes the localhost entry in /etc/hosts seems to be the problem, but this doesn't work for me. Rebooting the system helps, restarting apache or dovecot on it's own doesn't.
Anyone, any ideas ?