1

Topic: Setup second iredmail to redirect email on first server

==== REQUIRED BASIC INFO OF YOUR IREDMAIL SERVER ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): 0.9.8
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: main centos 6.x , second centos 7 (fresh install)
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): mysql
- Web server (Apache or Nginx):  no matter
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? no
- [IMPORTANT] Related original log or error message is required if you're experiencing an issue.
====

Hello, stuck with simply case. I guess it should be standard scenario.

1. I have iredmail mail server - it would be Main (old installation on centos 6 + updated iredmail 0.9.8)
2. I have setup second mail server - Second (fresh install on cestos 7 + iredmail 0.9.8)

What i need:
Second server redirecting to Main emails
Second server is storing emails if Main server unavailable.

I am looking on https://docs.iredmail.org/relayhost.html, but get Recipient address rejected: User unknown in virtual mailbox table.

Could somebody please make little plan looks like:
1. Main server - what to do
2. Second server - what to do
3. Main server - what to do etc

thanks in advance

2

Re: Setup second iredmail to redirect email on first server

RestlessPM wrote:

What i need:
Second server redirecting to Main emails
Second server is storing emails if Main server unavailable.

This is called backup MX.

1: on main server, nothing to do, just a regular normal mail server.
2: setup a fresh linux/bsd server, follow this tutorial to make it as a backup mx of main server: https://www.howtoforge.com/postfix_backup_mx

----

Does my reply help a little? How about buying me a cup of coffee ($5) as an encouragement?

buy me a cup of coffee

3

Re: Setup second iredmail to redirect email on first server

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

1: on main server, nothing to do, just a regular normal mail server.
2: setup a fresh linux/bsd server, follow this tutorial to make it as a backup mx of main server: https://www.howtoforge.com/postfix_backup_mx

sorry for capturing, but this means, the backupMX functionality of iredmail is still not working correctly ?

We are seeking a solution to keep the main server and a backup server in sync.

4

Re: Setup second iredmail to redirect email on first server

srd2010 wrote:

sorry for capturing, but this means, the backupMX functionality of iredmail is still not working correctly ?

Backup MX function of iRedMail is working fine, but what initial poster wants is a new backup MX SERVER.

----

Does my reply help a little? How about buying me a cup of coffee ($5) as an encouragement?

buy me a cup of coffee

5

Re: Setup second iredmail to redirect email on first server

ZhangHuangbin wrote:
RestlessPM wrote:

What i need:
Second server redirecting to Main emails
Second server is storing emails if Main server unavailable.

This is called backup MX.

1: on main server, nothing to do, just a regular normal mail server.
2: setup a fresh linux/bsd server, follow this tutorial to make it as a backup mx of main server: https://www.howtoforge.com/postfix_backup_mx


lot of thanks, looks clean&easy.
make these settings with iredmail install - let's see how it works.

could explain please what is https://docs.iredmail.org/relayhost.html for?