1 (edited by soupergrover 2018-05-30 22:21:12)

Topic: Receiving Duplicate eMails For Each Alternate Address

==== Required information ====
- 0.9.7 OPENLDAP edition.
- Debian Stretch
- LDAP Backend
- Apache web server
- Not using Pro
====

Hello all,

I have three domains on the same server - main.com, alt1.com and alt2.com. The LDAP schema is under main.com. In order for each account to receive email at the other alternate domains, I have each alias listed in a shaddow address attribute. Mail sent to each of the email addresses (main and alias) route to the mailbox correctly. The problem is, it always shows up in triplicate. If I remove one of the shadow aliases, the duplication count is reduced by one. Am I doing something wrong here?

On a side note, I also have each address listed as an email address for the user. This is so I can send from each of the addresses using SOGo. Adding/removing the addresses to the email address attribute does not seem to change anything regarding the duplication

Thanks for your feedback

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Receiving Duplicate eMails For Each Alternate Address

soupergrover wrote:

On a side note, I also have each address listed as an email address for the user.

This is what causes the duplicate. When postfix queries LDAP, it gets few records of same email address, then email was delivered to all of returned address.

ZhangHuangbin wrote:
soupergrover wrote:

On a side note, I also have each address listed as an email address for the user.

This is what causes the duplicate. When postfix queries LDAP, it gets few records of same email address, then email was delivered to all of returned address.

Sorry for the time delay. Just worked on this again today.

I had to add each address to the address field in order for SOGo to allow me to pick them to send as. Is there any way else to have them show up in SOGo?

Thanks

I think you need alias domain instead, if you use iRedAdmin-Pro, it's very easy to manage:
https://docs.iredmail.org/ldap.add.alias.domain.html

Or, update 3 accounts to use SAME maildir path in LDAP.