Topic: mlmmjadmin broken

==== REQUIRED BASIC INFO OF YOUR IREDMAIL SERVER ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): 0.9.8
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Debian GNU/Linux 8
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): LDAP
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): Nginx
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? Yes
- [IMPORTANT] Related original log or error message is required if you're experiencing an issue.
====

First when added a new mailing list I get the error: Account already exists, please choose another one. but it did add the mailing list (or appeared to).

I attempted to add a user to the mailing list (with a confirmation email). I replied to the confirmation email and it bounced with "user unknown.

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: mlmmjadmin broken

Please show me output of commands below:

grep 'version' /opt/mlmmjadmin/libs/__init__.py
grep '^backend' /opt/mlmmjadmin/settings.py

if you're not running the latest mlmmjadmin-1.4, please try to upgrade it first then try to reproduce this issue again. The upgrade is VERY simple:
https://github.com/iredmail/mlmmjadmin/ … UPGRADE.md

3 (edited by nadams 2018-06-18 02:32:21)

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

Please show me output of commands below:

grep 'version' /opt/mlmmjadmin/libs/__init__.py
grep '^backend' /opt/mlmmjadmin/settings.py

if you're not running the latest mlmmjadmin-1.4, please try to upgrade it first then try to reproduce this issue again. The upgrade is VERY simple:
https://github.com/iredmail/mlmmjadmin/ … UPGRADE.md

This is a new install from the upgrade instructions.

root@mail1:~# grep 'version' /opt/mlmmjadmin/libs/__init__.py
__version__ = '1.4'
root@mail1:~# grep '^backend' /opt/mlmmjadmin/settings.py
backend_api = "bk_iredmail_ldap"
backend_cli = "bk_iredmail_ldap"

I originally had backend_api to bk_none as per the instructions (since I have Pro) - https://docs.iredmail.org/integration.mlmmj.ldap.html however I was getting weird errors from iredadmin such as like API key not set, API server not reachable, and the mlmmjadmin uwsgi instance killing itself (I tried restarting nginx and uwsgi and didn't seem to help). On a reboot it seemed to clear up the issues. I tried to set it back to bk_none but I still get bounces.

The instructions didn't specify but is there a specific place I need to put the modification in master.cf for postfix? Right now my mlmmj config is right above the maildrop line. I did try to add to the bottom and that didn't work.

Edit: After setting the backend_api back to bk_none adding a mailing list works fine now and does not return that mailing list already exists. However, I still get bounces from the mailing list itself (for example replying to confirm email).

Edit 2: I noticed that there is a link for "Get a newsletter signup form" on the newsletter tab. This link describes a /newsletter/ url but I don't think there was any mention of nginx modification in the instructions to enable that. I'm combing through their instructions as well and I think there are some modifications that are still needed.

Edit 3: Do I need to be on Debian 9? I'm currently on Debian 8.

Edit 4: The URL it shows is incorrect - instead of /newsletter/ it should be /iredmail/newsletter/ . And even when navigating to the URL for that newsletter it came back with the error of invalid newsletter.

nadams wrote:

backend_api = "bk_iredmail_ldap"

If you manage mailing lists with iRedAdmin-Pro, please set "backend_api = 'bk_none'".

nadams wrote:

The instructions didn't specify but is there a specific place I need to put the modification in master.cf for postfix? Right now my mlmmj config is right above the maildrop line. I did try to add to the bottom and that didn't work.

The order of each transport doesn't matter in master.cf.

nadams wrote:

Edit: After setting the backend_api back to bk_none adding a mailing list works fine now and does not return that mailing list already exists. However, I still get bounces from the mailing list itself (for example replying to confirm email).

What's the content in bounce message? We need this for troubleshooting.

nadams wrote:

Edit 2: I noticed that there is a link for "Get a newsletter signup form" on the newsletter tab. This link describes a /newsletter/ url but I don't think there was any mention of nginx modification in the instructions to enable that. I'm combing through their instructions as well and I think there are some modifications that are still needed.

You're correct, iRedMail upgrade tutorial missed this part. i will add it immediately.

nadams wrote:

Edit 3: Do I need to be on Debian 9? I'm currently on Debian 8.

Debian 8 is ok too.

nadams wrote:

Edit 4: The URL it shows is incorrect - instead of /newsletter/ it should be /iredmail/newsletter/ . And even when navigating to the URL for that newsletter it came back with the error of invalid newsletter.

Related to your question in "Edit 2". Fix is coming.

nadams wrote:

iRedMail upgrade tutorial has been updated:
https://docs.iredmail.org/upgrade.iredm … bscription

If you manage mailing lists with iRedAdmin-Pro, please set "backend_api = 'bk_none'".

I have updated it since replying:

backend_api = "bk_none"

------

What's the content in bounce message? We need this for troubleshooting.

See below:

Reporting-MTA: dns; mail.<domain>.com
X-Postfix-Queue-ID: 24571206F0
X-Postfix-Sender: rfc822; nathan@<domain>.com
Arrival-Date: Sun, 17 Jun 2018 10:08:10 -0500 (CDT)

Final-Recipient: rfc822; helloworld3+confsub-641a291033a68294-nathan=<domain>.com@<domain>.com
Original-Recipient: rfc822;helloworld3+confsub-641a291033a68294-nathan=<domain>.com@<domain>.com
Action: failed
Diagnostic-Code: x-unix; user unknown

---------

Debian 8 is ok too.

Do you recommend upgrading to Debian 9 at this time? It looks like Debian 8 is in LTS support phase now.

Thank you for the updates - I'm usually pretty good at following instructions and was going crazy thinking I missed something.

nadams wrote:

Postfix cannot find this account by LDAP query.

nadams wrote:

Do you recommend upgrading to Debian 9 at this time? It looks like Debian 8 is in LTS support phase now.

If all services are working well, i suggest upgrade to Debian 9.

ZhangHuangbin wrote:
nadams wrote:

Postfix cannot find this account by LDAP query.

nadams wrote:

If all services are working well, i suggest upgrade to Debian 9.

I found this thread and it solved my problem - https://forum.iredmail.org/topic14082-i … oblem.html