1

Topic: Trying to upgrade PRO-SQL version to latest

==== REQUIRED BASIC INFO OF YOUR IREDMAIL SERVER ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): 0.9.7
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version:  Ubuntu 16.04.4 LTS
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): MySQL
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): NGINX
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? YES
- [IMPORTANT] Related original log or error message is required if you're experiencing an issue.
====
Hi, trying to upgrade MySQL version (which does NOT have LDAP installed) and I am getting this:

<<< ERROR >>> No mlmmjadmin installation found (/opt/mlmmjadmin).
<<< ERROR >>> Please follow iRedMail upgrade tutorials to the latest
<<< ERROR >>> stable release first, then come back to upgrade iRedAdmin-Pro.
<<< ERROR >>> mlmmj and mlmmjadmin was first introduced in iRedMail-0.9.8.

How can I upgrade?  mlmmjadmin requires LDAP which I do not want to install.

Thanks

2

Re: Trying to upgrade PRO-SQL version to latest

ok.  Managed to find where I could install mlmmjadmin and installed it.
Managed to upgrade to 0.98:

root@ms:~/iRedAdmin-Pro-SQL-2.9.0/tools# bash upgrade_iredadmin.sh
* Detected Linux/BSD distribution: UBUNTU
* HTTP server root: /opt/www
* Found iRedAdmin directory: /opt/www/iredadmin, symbol link of iRedAdmin-0.9.1
* Found iRedAdmin config file: /opt/www/iredadmin/settings.py
* Copying new version to /opt/www/iRedAdmin-Pro-SQL-2.9.0
* Copy /opt/www/iredadmin/settings.py.
* Removing old symbol link /opt/www/iredadmin
* Creating symbol link /opt/www/iredadmin to /opt/www/iRedAdmin-Pro-SQL-2.9.0
* Delete all existing sessions, admins are forced to re-login to iRedAdmin.
* Enable mlmmj integration.
* Restarting service: mlmmjadmin.
* Check and install dependent Python modules:
  + [required] json or simplejson
  + [required] dnspython
  + [required] pycurl
  + [required] requests
  + [optional] BeautifulSoup
  + [optional] lxml
* Check SQL tables, and add missed ones - if there's any
* iRedAdmin has been successfully upgraded.
* Restarting uwsgi service to use new iRedAdmin release ...
* Upgrading completed.
<<< NOTE >>> If iRedAdmin doesn't work as expected, please post your issue in
<<< NOTE >>> our online support forum: http://www.iredmail.org/forum/

However - Now when I go into the admin panel - clicking on a user I get "internal server error" and also as an admin I cannot  see the admin cog when listing domains.  I also cannot add users:

https://ms.bario.com/iredadmin/profile/ … sg=CREATED
internal server error

===================
When adding a mailing list - only the domain and email is marked as required.  However if I only fill these fields in I get: Error: ValueError('No JSON object could be decoded',) and it fails.

This whole mailing list thing seems to be half-baked?  Also it has now stopped me properly managing my domains.

HELP!!

3

Re: Trying to upgrade PRO-SQL version to latest

..and finally webmail is also broken.
Now I get: "Connection to IMAP server failed"

HELP!?

4

Re: Trying to upgrade PRO-SQL version to latest

1: is service "mlmmjadmin" running?
2: any error in Dovecot log file? /var/log/dovecot*

----

Does my reply help a little? How about buying me a cup of coffee ($5) as an encouragement?

buy me a cup of coffee

5

Re: Trying to upgrade PRO-SQL version to latest

ok after commenting out one of the changes I can now get into webmail but nothing is being sent...  I still get errors in the log:
Jul  6 14:14:56 ms postfix/smtpd[3876]: Anonymous TLS connection established from bolt9b.mxthunder.net[208.53.48.135]: TLSv1.2 with cipher ECDHE-RSA-AES256-GCM-SHA384 (256/256 bits)
Jul  6 14:15:12 ms postfix/submission/smtpd[4050]: connect from localhost[127.0.0.1]
Jul  6 14:15:12 ms postfix/submission/smtpd[4050]: Anonymous TLS connection established from localhost[127.0.0.1]: TLSv1.2 with cipher ECDHE-RSA-AES128-GCM-SHA256 (128/128 bits)
Jul  6 14:15:46 ms postfix/qmgr[3810]: warning: problem talking to service rewrite: Connection timed out
Jul  6 14:15:47 ms postfix/trivial-rewrite[4219]: fatal: open dictionary: expecting "type:name" form instead of "#"
Jul  6 14:15:48 ms postfix/master[3801]: warning: process /usr/lib/postfix/sbin/trivial-rewrite pid 4219 exit status 1
Jul  6 14:15:48 ms postfix/master[3801]: warning: /usr/lib/postfix/sbin/trivial-rewrite: bad command startup -- throttling
Jul  6 14:16:01 ms postfix/postscreen[3865]: CONNECT from [208.53.48.135]:48403 to [172.104.143.206]:25
Jul  6 14:16:01 ms postfix/postscreen[3865]: PASS OLD [208.53.48.135]:48403
Jul  6 14:16:01 ms postfix/smtpd[4226]: connect from bolt9b.mxthunder.net[208.53.48.135]

How can I fix trivial -rewrite???

6

Re: Trying to upgrade PRO-SQL version to latest

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

1: is service "mlmmjadmin" running?
2: any error in Dovecot log file? /var/log/dovecot*

ok I gave up quickly on this because it was impossible to trace the problem. I rebuilt a new server ad upgraded to Ubuntu 18.04 TS from 16.04 LTS.

However, after I reinstalled a new server and migrated *ALL* the mailboxes I have most things working except the dashboard.  It appears not to be tracking the top senders/recipients of sent/recieved emails any more?  See attachment.

However the user problem has gone and I can create mailing lists with no JSON error now.

I will track to see if other things are broken.

Any ideas?

PS: the upgrade process to move to this versions took me on a wild ride across multiple sites and instructions, all of which I followed but ultimately failed. The upgrade process to move from one version to another NEEDS To be simpler and one button.  It requires a huge investment in time and a lot of experienced knowledge to go through this upgrade process.

Post's attachments

error on iredadmin dashboard.JPG
error on iredadmin dashboard.JPG 50.92 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

7

Re: Trying to upgrade PRO-SQL version to latest

temabu wrote:

However, after I reinstalled a new server and migrated *ALL* the mailboxes I have most things working except the dashboard.  It appears not to be tracking the top senders/recipients of sent/recieved emails any more?  See attachment.

Try to remove all sql records in amavisd sql tables:

- msgs
- msgrcpt
- maddr
- quarantine

----

Does my reply help a little? How about buying me a cup of coffee ($5) as an encouragement?

buy me a cup of coffee

8

Re: Trying to upgrade PRO-SQL version to latest

ZhangHuangbin wrote:
temabu wrote:

However, after I reinstalled a new server and migrated *ALL* the mailboxes I have most things working except the dashboard.  It appears not to be tracking the top senders/recipients of sent/recieved emails any more?  See attachment.

Try to remove all sql records in amavisd sql tables:

- msgs
- msgrcpt
- maddr
- quarantine

That appeared to clear them.  We'll see how they build up.

One more thing.  I changed my hostname but on the dashboard it stills shows the hold one?  Any idea how to change that?  I have changed all references to the old one in all configu files but I gues this is in the SQL tables somewhere??

9

Re: Trying to upgrade PRO-SQL version to latest

temabu wrote:
ZhangHuangbin wrote:
temabu wrote:

However, after I reinstalled a new server and migrated *ALL* the mailboxes I have most things working except the dashboard.  It appears not to be tracking the top senders/recipients of sent/recieved emails any more?  See attachment.

Try to remove all sql records in amavisd sql tables:

- msgs
- msgrcpt
- maddr
- quarantine

That appeared to clear them.  We'll see how they build up.

One more thing.  I changed my hostname but on the dashboard it stills shows the hold one?  Any idea how to change that?  I have changed all references to the old one in all configu files but I gues this is in the SQL tables somewhere??

Ok clearing those tables sorted the dashboard.  Thanks!

10

Re: Trying to upgrade PRO-SQL version to latest

temabu wrote:

One more thing.  I changed my hostname but on the dashboard it stills shows the hold one?  Any idea how to change that?  I have changed all references to the old one in all configu files but I gues this is in the SQL tables somewhere??

Which files did you change to update hostname?

----

Does my reply help a little? How about buying me a cup of coffee ($5) as an encouragement?

buy me a cup of coffee

11

Re: Trying to upgrade PRO-SQL version to latest

ZhangHuangbin wrote:
temabu wrote:

One more thing.  I changed my hostname but on the dashboard it stills shows the hold one?  Any idea how to change that?  I have changed all references to the old one in all configu files but I gues this is in the SQL tables somewhere??

Which files did you change to update hostname?

I used hostnamectl set-hostname <new hostname>

It is changed in
/etc/hosts
/etc/hostname
/etc/mailname
/etc/amavis/conf.d/50-user
/etc/postfix/dovecot.cf
/etc/postfix/main.cf

plu some old files in /netdata

Where else?

12

Re: Trying to upgrade PRO-SQL version to latest

Try to restart uwsgi service, this will reload iRedAdmin code to get new hostname.

----

Does my reply help a little? How about buying me a cup of coffee ($5) as an encouragement?

buy me a cup of coffee