Topic: Unable to Receive mail via Google Relay Server for same domain users

==== REQUIRED BASIC INFO OF YOUR IREDMAIL SERVER ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): 0.9.8 MARIADB edition.
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: UBUNTU 16.04 LTS
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): MySQL
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): Nginx
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? No
- [IMPORTANT] Related original log or error message is required if you're experiencing an issue.
====

I am unable to receive the mails in same domain users from the remote location via Google relay server (smtp-relay.gmail.com) except relay server, everything is working fine.

Getting the following error

Bounced
Google tried to deliver your message, but it was rejected by the server for the recipient domain <a href="http://domain.com" target="_blank">domain.com</a> by <a href="http://mail.domain.com" target="_blank">mail.domain.com</a>. [XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX]. The error that the other server returned was: 550 5.1.0 : Sender address rejected: User unknown in virtual mailbox table

Could you please help me resolve this issue

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Unable to Receive mail via Google Relay Server for same domain users

Dev wrote:

Sender address rejected: User unknown in virtual mailbox table

It says recipient address doesn't exist on your server.

Thank you for your reply.

The recipient mailbox is exist in the mail server

Let me explain our mail setup so that you can help me out to resolve this issue

I have installed iRedMail for our mydomain.com on Ubuntu Server and it is working perfectly.

Most of the users are accessing the mails via outlook and roundcube webmail. every one can send and receive mails perfectly.

The outlook configuration as follows

pop: mail.mydomain.com  110
smtp: mail.mydomain.com 587

in our mail server we have created more than 50 users.

user1@mydomain.com
user2@mydomain.com
user3@mydomain.com
user4@mydomain.com
-
-
-
-
-user50@mydomain.com

Now the user1@mydomain.com and user3@mydomain.com are in different location and they are accessing their mails via Internal mail server which is configured in Remote Office. The internal mail server is downloading mails for user1@mydomain.com and user3@mydomain.com from iRedMail via mail.mydomain.com using POP3 service

Now the users user1@mydomain.com and user3@mydomain.com are accessing their incoming mails perfectly. but when they send mail, they are sending via smtp-relay.gmail.com instead of sending via smtp: mail.mydomain.com .

when they send mail from user1@mydomain.com to user2@mydomain.com via smtp-relay.gmail.com, the user USER2 is not receiving mail from USER1 but the USER2 reciveing mail from different domains like gmail, yahoo, live,etc.....

The funny thing is USER 1 and USER3 can send mails to all email accounts via google relay service except same domain's email accounts.

USER2 and other email accounts can receive mail from anyone except the same domain users sending mails via smtp relay service instead of using own mail server smtp service.

Getting the following error when i check the report from Google relay service

Bounced
Google tried to deliver your message, but it was rejected by the server for the recipient domain <a href="http://domain.com" target="_blank">domain.com</a> by <a href="http://mail.domain.com" target="_blank">mail.domain.com</a>. [XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX]. The error that the other server returned was: 550 5.1.0 : Sender address rejected: User unknown in virtual mailbox table

If you need more details, Please let me know

ZhangHuangbin wrote:
Dev wrote:

Sender address rejected: User unknown in virtual mailbox table

It says recipient address doesn't exist on your server.

Did you see any error in Postfix log file on your server? also iRedAPD log file (/var/log/iredapd/iredapd.log)?

couldn't find the logs in iredapd.log file.

I found the information from postfix log file

Jul 12 13:02:55 mail postfix/smtpd[3166]: NOQUEUE: reject: RCPT from mail-it0-f100.google.com[209.85.214.100]: 550 5.1.0 <prvs=1731f6e63e=Jack@mydomain.com>: Sender address rejected: User unknown in virtual mailbox table; from=<prvs=1731f6e63e=Jack@mydomain.com> to=<accounts@mydomain.com> proto=ESMTP helo=<mail-it0-f100.google.com>

Jul 12 11:53:47 mail amavis[19813]: (19813-01) Passed CLEAN {RelayedInbound}, [209.85.218.43]:46328 [209.85.218.43] <user@difdomain.com> -> <accounts@mydomain.com>, Queue-ID: 18119FADAF, Message-ID: <CAA5eGRs+d3wedteg82+e_RgSf409SxYJti0+N1MEhJ+w@mail.gmail.com>, mail_id: imnKFNj6qj0s, Hits: -0.101, size: 119319, queued_as: 0D532FD674, dkim_sd=google:difdomain.com, 757 ms, Tests: [DKIM_SIGNED=0.1,DKIM_VALID=-0.1,DKIM_VALID_AU=-0.1,HTML_MESSAGE=0.001,RCVD_IN_MSPIKE_H2=-0.001,SPF_PASS=-0.001]

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

Did you see any error in Postfix log file on your server? also iRedAPD log file (/var/log/iredapd/iredapd.log)?

Dev wrote:

Jul 12 13:02:55 mail postfix/smtpd[3166]: NOQUEUE: reject: RCPT from mail-it0-f100.google.com[209.85.214.100]: 550 5.1.0 <prvs=1731f6e63e=Jack@mydomain.com>: Sender address rejected: User unknown in virtual mailbox table; from=<prvs=1731f6e63e=Jack@mydomain.com> to=<accounts@mydomain.com> proto=ESMTP helo=<mail-it0-f100.google.com>

It says sender address "prvs=1731f6e63e=Jack@mydomain.com" doesn't exist in your server.
iRedMail doesn't use '=' as address delimiter.

After fresh installation with current configuration was working fine more than 1 week . I didn't do any changes and all of sudden this issue raised.

Could you guide me to resolve this issue with your observation Please.

Do i need to do changes in iRedMail configuration?

ZhangHuangbin wrote:
Dev wrote:

It says sender address "prvs=1731f6e63e=Jack@mydomain.com" doesn't exist in your server.
iRedMail doesn't use '=' as address delimiter.

Dev wrote:

from=<prvs=1731f6e63e=Jack@mydomain.com>

The problem is this sender address. I don't understand why Google relay server rewrite the username part to <user-not-exist>@, it's obvious that this will cause problem.

I suggest you contact Google for support.

Thank you Very much  ZhangHuangbin. The problem has been resolved after contacting Google Support.

ZhangHuangbin wrote:
Dev wrote:

from=<prvs=1731f6e63e=Jack@mydomain.com>

The problem is this sender address. I don't understand why Google relay server rewrite the username part to <user-not-exist>@, it's obvious that this will cause problem.

I suggest you contact Google for support.