Topic: Email body in SOGo does not display on remote connection

==== REQUIRED BASIC INFO OF YOUR IREDMAIL SERVER ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release):
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version:
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL):
- Web server (Apache or Nginx):
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro?
- [IMPORTANT] Related original log or error message is required if you're experiencing an issue.
======== REQUIRED BASIC INFO OF YOUR IREDMAIL SERVER ====
- iRedMail version (0.9.8 PGSQL edition.):
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: CentOS 7.5
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): PGSQL
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): NGINX
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? No
====
Hello,
Posted about this a week or so back, still a problem. However what I have found is that if I log into the server running iRedMail and SOGo locally, ( it is running a GUI), and connect through Firefox to Sogo via localhost, email is displayed correctly all the time, for several different user's accounts.

But connecting from a LAN pc, email body does not display about 90% of the time. Once in a while it does! It seems like some data is not being served in a timely or complete manner. See attachment.

Is this an Nginx issue?

I posted this issue to the SOGo list but no response at all. I would really like to give my users access to SOGo as it does a lot of what we need. But I can't if they can't read the emails!

Post's attachments

sogoEmailDisplayError640x400.jpg
sogoEmailDisplayError640x400.jpg 131.4 kb, 1 downloads since 2018-07-10 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Email body in SOGo does not display on remote connection

No idea at all. sorry. sad

I did receive a response on Sogo forum. Another user was having the same problem and attributed it to " _javascript_ throw a domexeption for each message I wanted to read" and said he was reverting back to Sogo 4.0.0 from 4.0.1. Don't know yet if that solved the issue for him. However I am running 4.0.0 and have the problem.

Thanks for listening!

SOGo 4.0.1 was out yesterday, try to upgrade and check again.

Issue update.
This does appear to be a bug in Sogo if you come to your Sogo site from a refering link in a webpage. We run an office intranet so users were accessing Sogo from a link on the intranet homepage with a html attribute target="_blank". A solution posted in the Sogo mailing list, change the link to:

<a href="https://sogo.aaa.com/SOGo/" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer nofollow">

This is now working for us! big_smile

Thanks for listening!

Thanks for sharing. smile