1

Topic: Initial Configuration (DNS)

Hello guys. I'm trying to install IRedMail on my VPS server but I'm not succeeding. I researched a lot, tried some solutions but nothing worked. See if you can help me, it's crazy to do fullstack of my website, all help will be very welcome indeed.

The version of IRedMail is 0.9.7 with MySQL. My VPS server is Ubuntu 16.04, hosted by Hostinger.

In the DNS settings I changed:

A (host)
mail 31.220.49.152 1/2 hours

MX (Mail Exchanger)
10 @ mail.ocamisa10.com 1800



Here is the configuration of my / etc / hosts:

ff02 :: 1 ip6-allnodes
ff02 :: 2 ip6-allrouters

127.0.0.1 localhost.localdomain localhost mail.ocamisa10.com
# Auto-generated hostname. Please do not remove this comment.
31.220.49.152 mail.ocamisa10.com mail
:: 1 localhost ip6-localhost ip6-loopback



When I try to login to https://mail.ocamisa10.com/iredadmin can not find my folder. Anyone have any suggestions for the problem?

2

Re: Initial Configuration (DNS)

Aparentemente o problema do DNS acabou, está dando "internal server error". Acredito que possa ser relacionado ao MySQL



tobiassena wrote:

Hello guys. I'm trying to install IRedMail on my VPS server but I'm not succeeding. I researched a lot, tried some solutions but nothing worked. See if you can help me, it's crazy to do fullstack of my website, all help will be very welcome indeed.

The version of IRedMail is 0.9.7 with MySQL. My VPS server is Ubuntu 16.04, hosted by Hostinger.

In the DNS settings I changed:

A (host)
mail 31.220.49.152 1/2 hours

MX (Mail Exchanger)
10 @ mail.ocamisa10.com 1800



Here is the configuration of my / etc / hosts:

ff02 :: 1 ip6-allnodes
ff02 :: 2 ip6-allrouters

127.0.0.1 localhost.localdomain localhost mail.ocamisa10.com
# Auto-generated hostname. Please do not remove this comment.
31.220.49.152 mail.ocamisa10.com mail
:: 1 localhost ip6-localhost ip6-loopback



When I try to login to https://mail.ocamisa10.com/iredadmin can not find my folder. Anyone have any suggestions for the problem?

3

Re: Initial Configuration (DNS)

While querying domain name "mail.ocamisa10.com", it doesn't return a result.
Seems something wrong with your DNS records.

----

Does my reply help a little? How about buying me a cup of coffee ($5) as an encouragement?

buy me a cup of coffee

4

Re: Initial Configuration (DNS)

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

While querying domain name "mail.ocamisa10.com", it doesn't return a result.
Seems something wrong with your DNS records.


I just fixed this, it was DNS problem (propagation).

But the internal server error persists.

https://mail.ocamisa10.com/iredadmin

I believe it is something related to user and connection permissions in MySQL. When I installed iRedMail I already had MySQL installed. I can not delete everything and start from scratch because the website is up and running.

Would you know how I can solve it? I found some similar problems in the forum but are from 2011, I could not solve with the proposed solutions.

5

Re: Initial Configuration (DNS)

Check Nginx error log to find the error log and paste here, so that others can help troubleshoot.

----

Does my reply help a little? How about buying me a cup of coffee ($5) as an encouragement?

buy me a cup of coffee

6

Re: Initial Configuration (DNS)

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

Check Nginx error log to find the error log and paste here, so that others can help troubleshoot.


log from /var/log/mysql/error.log

2018-07-15T13:05:52.785610Z 0 [Note] InnoDB: Waiting for purge to start
2018-07-15T13:05:52.835806Z 0 [Note] InnoDB: 5.7.22 started; log sequence number 7898908
2018-07-15T13:05:52.836205Z 0 [Note] Plugin 'FEDERATED' is disabled.
2018-07-15T13:05:52.836517Z 0 [Note] InnoDB: Loading buffer pool(s) from /var/lib/mysql/ib_buffer_pool
2018-07-15T13:05:52.848803Z 0 [Warning] Failed to set up SSL because of the following SSL library error: SSL context is not usable without certificate and private key
2018-07-15T13:05:52.848844Z 0 [Note] Server hostname (bind-address): '127.0.0.1'; port: 3306
2018-07-15T13:05:52.848885Z 0 [Note]   - '127.0.0.1' resolves to '127.0.0.1';
2018-07-15T13:05:52.848922Z 0 [Note] Server socket created on IP: '127.0.0.1'.
2018-07-15T13:05:52.861506Z 0 [Note] InnoDB: Buffer pool(s) load completed at 180715  9:05:52
2018-07-15T13:05:52.881462Z 0 [Note] Event Scheduler: Loaded 0 events
2018-07-15T13:05:52.881682Z 0 [Note] /usr/sbin/mysqld: ready for connections.
Version: '5.7.22-0ubuntu0.16.04.1'  socket: '/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock'  port: 3306  (Ubuntu)
2018-07-15T13:05:53.482801Z 2 [Note] Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: NO)
2018-07-15T13:06:09.012475Z 3 [Note] Access denied for user 'vmail'@'localhost' (using password: YES)


these are my users from mysql

+------------------+-----------+
| user             | host      |
+------------------+-----------+
| debian-sys-maint | localhost |
| iredadmin        | localhost |
| mysql.session    | localhost |
| mysql.sys        | localhost |
| root             | localhost |
| vmail            | localhost |
+------------------+-----------+


I don't know why it tries root without password
2018-07-15T13:05:53.482801Z 2 [Note] Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: NO)


Could be that the problem? And how to fix it?

7

Re: Initial Configuration (DNS)

tobiassena wrote:

these are my users from mysql
+------------------+-----------+
| user             | host      |
+------------------+-----------+
| debian-sys-maint | localhost |
| iredadmin        | localhost |
| mysql.session    | localhost |
| mysql.sys        | localhost |
| root             | localhost |
| vmail            | localhost |
+------------------+-----------+

I expect more SQL databases displayed here. Seems your iRedMail installation was not completed successfully. I suggest restoring server OS and install iRedMail again.

----

Does my reply help a little? How about buying me a cup of coffee ($5) as an encouragement?

buy me a cup of coffee

8

Re: Initial Configuration (DNS)

ZhangHuangbin wrote:
tobiassena wrote:

these are my users from mysql
+------------------+-----------+
| user             | host      |
+------------------+-----------+
| debian-sys-maint | localhost |
| iredadmin        | localhost |
| mysql.session    | localhost |
| mysql.sys        | localhost |
| root             | localhost |
| vmail            | localhost |
+------------------+-----------+

I expect more SQL databases displayed here. Seems your iRedMail installation was not completed successfully. I suggest restoring server OS and install iRedMail again.

These are the database's users. Vmail and iredadmin I created manually. My databases are:

+--------------------+
| Database           |
+--------------------+
| information_schema |
| amavisd            |
| fot                |
| iredadmin          |
| iredapd            |
| mysql              |
| performance_schema |
| roundcubemail      |
| sys                |
| vmail              |
+--------------------+


I can't restore my server because it's running my website in there. It is possible to reinstall IRedMail without restore the server?

9

Re: Initial Configuration (DNS)

tobiassena wrote:

It is possible to reinstall IRedMail without restore the server?

Unfortunately, no.
it's better run mail server on a dedicate server.

----

Does my reply help a little? How about buying me a cup of coffee ($5) as an encouragement?

buy me a cup of coffee