Topic: quarantine notification for relayde domain

==== REQUIRED BASIC INFO OF YOUR IREDMAIL SERVER ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): 0.9.5-1
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: RH7
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): mysql
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): apache
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? yes
- [IMPORTANT] Related original log or error message is required if you're experiencing an issue.
====

Hi,
My iredmail acts as a spam gw for one domain. It relays mails to exchange server.
Is there a possibility to notify users of exchange that they have some mail in quarantine ?
The self service is not needed

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: quarantine notification for relayde domain

misieq wrote:

Is there a possibility to notify users of exchange that they have some mail in quarantine ?

Did you try script "tools/notify_quarantined_recipients.py" in iRedAdmin-Pro directory?

Yes, I've run it manually. It didn't show notification for the desired domain.

Try to run the script with option "--notify-backupmx". for example:

python notify_quarantined_recipients.py --notify-backupmx

still no luck.
There's no domain where "relay" is set in the list however I can see the spam in iredmail-pro web iface

- How did you configure Postfix to relay for this Exchange domain?
- You can try to add a testing mail domain (a fake one is ok for testing) and a test user in iRedAdmin-Pro, set it as a backup mx. Try to send some email to this test user and trigger the quarantine (you can send the sample spam shipped by SpamAssassin package), it should work fine in this case.

I have it set under relay tab in domain preferences. Please see attachments.
I can't understand why should I mark it as a backup mx for sending notifications.

misieq wrote:

I can't understand why should I mark it as a backup mx for sending notifications.

- This is a relay domain, and it works like backup mx.
- iRedAdmin-Pro script should work if it's a backup mx with the '--nontify-backupmx' argument, because it now finds the backup mx domain names by sql/ldap query:

python notify_quarantined_recipients.py --notify-backupmx