Topic: NOQUEUE/Domain not found, adding domains

======== REQUIRED BASIC INFO OF YOUR IREDMAIL SERVER ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): 098
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Ubuntu 16.04.LTS
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): LDAP
- Web server (Apache or Nginx):NGINX
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? No
- [IMPORTANT] Related original log or error message is required if you're experiencing an issue.
====

I have iredmail (mostly) working i think  - sitting in my DMZ on a 1:1 NAT (still have an issue with an SPF record but I think I have that figured out.)

I have hosts that are in an alternate domain inside the firewall. 
Those hosts used to use a webserver in the domain to relay to the iredmail when the iredmail was external to the network. 
Now that that iredmail is local, there is no need to relay and they can delivery directly but both they, and the relay get rejected because iredmail doesn't recognize the additional domain. 

I know how to add the domain in the iredadmin interface -- i know I have seen a document somewhere in the documents pages discussing some additional steps to take when adding domains and I can't find it again.   Now it's making me crazy.  Crazier maybe, anyway.

Any pointers would be appreciated!

NOQUEUE: reject: RCPT from relay.alternate.com[192.168.20.2]: 450 4.1.8 <host@host>: Sender address rejected: Domain not found; from=<host@host2> to=<me@primary.domain> proto=ESMTP helo=<relay.alternate.domain>

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: NOQUEUE/Domain not found, adding domains

iRedMail server cannot resolve mail domain name "host2".

You can try one of below:

- add it in /etc/hosts and /var/spool/postfix/etc/hosts
- if you have an internal dns server, make this domain name resolvable in this internal dns server.
- add ip of this server in Postfix parameter "mynetworks =" directly

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

iRedMail server cannot resolve mail domain name "host2".

You can try one of below:

- add it in /etc/hosts and /var/spool/postfix/etc/hosts
- if you have an internal dns server, make this domain name resolvable in this internal dns server.
- add ip of this server in Postfix parameter "mynetworks =" directly

The host names resolve I checked them from the mail server.  the local DNS server is the primary (caching) DNS server for everyone.  it's rejecting (I'm pretty sure) because they are are sending from another domain. 

I reconfigured postifx on one of the rejected clients to use the new mail server directly.  now it is getting rejected with "sender address rejected: Domain not found;" so it has changed slightly.  The host name/Ip address are recorded int he same log line immediately prior to this, so I know name resolution is working.

Most of these systems are set up sending emaisl from monitoring scripts, so they use the hostname as the 'from" address.  Does this mean I either have to remove all sender restriction inside the domain or set up an account for every host that send a scripted email? 

I this a throttling issue ?
statistics: max connection rate 1/60s for (smtpd:192.168.20.23)

Try to add their IP in Postfix "mynetworks =".

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

Try to add their IP in Postfix "mynetworks =".

"IP in Postfix" I assume means in /etc/postfix/main.cf or master.cf?
Both?

permit_mynetworks appears in main.cf 3 times and -o mynetworks=127.0.0.0/8 is in master.cf

In main.cf, "mynetworks =".