Topic: PHP Outdated

================ REQUIRED BASIC INFO OF YOUR IREDMAIL SERVER ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): 0.9.8 MARIADB edition.
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: CentOS Linux release 7.5.1804 (Core)
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): MySQL
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): Nginx
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? No
- [IMPORTANT] Related original log or error message is required if you're experiencing an issue.
====

Hi,

with the actual version of iRedMail (0.9.8) all of us still use PHP 5.4.16 result 'End of life' from mid 2015.
Last 5.6.x version still under 'Security fixes only' and the active support of it ended on start of 2017.
When iRedMail will be upgraded for PHP 7.x ?

Actually i'll try to install Nextcloud on my server installed with CentOS 7.5 and iRedMail 0.9.8 but i can't use it because require PHP 5.6.x or better :

This version of Nextcloud requires at least PHP 5.6.0
You are currently running 5.4.16. Please update your PHP version.

Is there any way to use a more recent version of PHP without interrupting the normal operation of iRedMail and its components ?

Thanks for your support and regards,
LainX84

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

2 (edited by RikuS 2018-08-03 05:19:27)

Re: PHP Outdated

PHP version on Centos 7.x is 5.4, it has nothing to do with iRedMail or other software. CentOS focus on stability over new features and they don't officially offer or support higher versions.

However, you can use third party repositories to install any version you like, but also you need to make sure that all necessary PHP extensions are installed.