Topic: SMTP error from remote server Recipient address rejected

Hello all I have iredmail server on ubuntu, I get this message when someone uses my contact form on a hosted website.

SMTP error from remote server for RCPT TO command, host:
domain name (ip address) reason: 554 5.7.1
<email address>: Recipient address rejected: SMTP A
UTH is required for users under this sender domain

Hope someone can help.

Many thanks, Michael.

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: SMTP error from remote server Recipient address rejected

Please enable SMTP authentication to send email, port 587 with STARTTLS secure connection.

3 (edited by mrooks 2018-07-31 05:41:11)

on the web host? if so in php settings? its a shared public host so I don't think I can? if that's what you mean is there a away on iredmail to not do this, never had a issue with other email server software, is it extra security or something? thanks for getting back to me.

mrooks wrote:

on the web host? if so in php settings? its a shared public host so I don't think I can? if that's what you mean is there a away on iredmail to not do this, never had a issue with other email server software, is it extra security or something? thanks for getting back to me.

If you use PHP to send email, the php module supports smtp authentication, you just need to add few php lines to perform the smtp authentication with a username and password.

Do not disable the smtp auth on iRedMail server.

hello its wordpress so not sure where I can do that, cant see any option in the admin oanel, its strange because normally by default I thought the hosting server sends the email to the email address you have set. not try to connect to the email server. So its not a spam thing? its hosted on 1and1 if that helps.
thanks for your help so far. Will let you know if I get any further.

Wordpress supports sending email with SMTP authentication. Try doing a quick search with Google. smile

Update, still no further on, I tried said plugins and it times out so that's not a option.
I have noticed if I change php mail from address to a domain that does not exist on server test@test.com it comes through fine. I don't understand why iredmail decides its not going to allow any emails sent using php mail from any server to my server, I am not wanting it to connect to it and send via my server just accept emails coming in from a external server with the domain that is on the server, is there a setting or whitelist I can do it from please.

8 (edited by mrooks 2018-08-05 00:41:21)

Update figured out what it was at last

I changed CHECK_FORGED_SENDER = True to CHECK_FORGED_SENDER = False
in /opt/iredapd/libs/default_settings.py and  added it in /opt/iredapd/settings.py
then rebooted server.

mrooks wrote:

I changed CHECK_FORGED_SENDER = True to CHECK_FORGED_SENDER = False

I don't think you need this change. What you need is just filling correct server address, port (587), secure connection type (STARTTLS or TLS), smtp username (full email address) and password in Wordpress smtp module.