==== REQUIRED BASIC INFO OF YOUR IREDMAIL SERVER ====
- iRedMail version: 0.9.8
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Ubuntu 14.04
- Store mail accounts in which backend: MySQL
- Web server: Nginx
- Roundcube version: 1.3.0
====

Hi,
I am facing some problems in Roundcube where users are unable to change their password.

Aug  4 12:10:24 mx roundcube: <kbqivj58> DB Error: SQLSTATE[HY000] [1045] Access denied for user 'roundcube'@'localhost' (using password: YES) in /opt/www/rc/program/lib/Roundcube/rcube_db.php on line 175 (POST /mail/?_task=settings&_action=plugin.password-save)

I have checked the following:
- Database credentials in config.inc.php is correct
- Checked the grants for the user 'roundcube' on the "roundcube" database
- Checked if the following functions is disabled in php which they are not: system, popen, proc_open & proc_close.
- Checked if php7.1-mysql is installed, and it is.

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Roundcube - users unable to change password

SQL user "roundcube" must have 'SELECT' and 'UPDATE' privileges on table "vmail.mailbox" (it stores user passwords). Run SQL command below as mysql root user should fix it:

GRANT SELECT,UPDATE ON vmail.mailbox TO roundcube.local;

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

SQL user "roundcube" must have 'SELECT' and 'UPDATE' privileges on table "vmail.mailbox" (it stores user passwords). Run SQL command below as mysql root user should fix it:

GRANT SELECT,UPDATE ON vmail.mailbox TO roundcube.local;

Hi
Thanks for the answer!
Unfortunately, this did not solve the issue.
Still having the same error.

I did migrate the mailboxes from another server, including the entire Roundcube installation.

I have no idea if it doesn't work for you. According to the error message in your first post, it's sql permission issue, and the sql commands in my first reply should fix it.

You need to check log file to see whether there's some new error.

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

I have no idea if it doesn't work for you. According to the error message in your first post, it's sql permission issue, and the sql commands in my first reply should fix it.

You need to check log file to see whether there's some new error.

Hi,

I have checked all the logs, and that is the only error message that I got.
I'll keep digging and will let you know if I solve it.

You can turn on sql debug in Roundcube config file, it may log more details.