Topic: Spamming issue

- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): 0.9.8
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Cent OS 7.4
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): PGSQL
- Web server (Apache or Nginx):Nginx
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? yes, 2.9.0
#########################################################################

Facing the spamming issue.
Randomly email accounts are hacked and first on few unrecognized mail id's a "hi" message is sent and then the spamming to numerous mail accounts start immediately.

How to prevent this?

Re: Spamming issue

Seems account password was cracked. The only one solution is forcing all users to use strong passwords.

----

Does my reply help a little? How about buying me a cup of coffee ($5) as an encouragement?

buy me a cup of coffee

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

Seems account password was cracked. The only one solution is forcing all users to use strong passwords.

I didn't understand one thing that sending of
hi
message to some unknown gmail accounts is done and connections are established from a particular IP either from Europe or Vietnam and then spamming is done via same IP.
SASL plain authentication method used.
But how they get into the accounts ?

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

Please tell me any kind of tool to prevent any such connections from being made to our mail server.
This makes the postfix service down, decreasing the reputation of mail domain on barracuda and cisco tallos intelligence.

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

is there any tool to prevent spamming for mail accounts hacked and sending out bulk mails in very large amount > 2000+ ?