======== Required information ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): 0.9.7
- iRedMail Pro version: v2.8.0 (MySQL)
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Debian 7
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): MySQL
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): Apache
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? Yes
====

We experience an issue where the domain admin of a domain does not see any data from it's alias domain.

Here's the basic setup:
DomainA (Main Domain)
DomainB (set as alias for DomainA)

Domain admin has access to DomainA and can add users.
Users use the Alias Domain as main Domain to communicate.

## Current Behaviour
Now the Domain Admin does not see any statistics about DomainB, nor does the Domain Admin see any blocked or quarantined E-Mails for DomainB.

## Expected Behaviour
Domain Admin should see all statistics and Data about DomainB as well as quarantined, blocked, virus, etc. data.

For any questions, get back to me.

greets,
srd2010

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Domain Admin does not see data from alias domain

srd2010 wrote:

*) With default iRedMail settings, you cannot login to pop3/imap/smtp with user@<alias-domain>. Did you modify any settings in Postfix/Dovecot?

Or, what do you mean use the alias domain as main domain to communicate?

*) If others sent email to user@<alias-domain>, it will be delivered to user@<main-domain>, and normal domain admin can see sent/received email to main domain.

ZhangHuangbin wrote:
srd2010 wrote:

*) With default iRedMail settings, you cannot login to pop3/imap/smtp with user@<alias-domain>. Did you modify any settings in Postfix/Dovecot?

Or, what do you mean use the alias domain as main domain to communicate?

*) If others sent email to user@<alias-domain>, it will be delivered to user@<main-domain>, and normal domain admin can see sent/received email to main domain.

With communicate, i mean, that the customer officially uses DomainB, but of course, they use DomainA for authentification.

The Domain Admin cannot see mails send/received to alias domain, only to main domain, but does not see emails which were send to alias domain (and then delivered to main domain)

Email address was rewritten by Postfix, you see only main domain name.

Try to send an email to alias domain, then check the Postfix log, also the mail log on iRedAdmin-Pro.

5 (edited by srd2010 2018-08-15 14:35:54)

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

Email address was rewritten by Postfix, you see only main domain name.

Try to send an email to alias domain, then check the Postfix log, also the mail log on iRedAdmin-Pro.

Hi Zhang,

i sent an email to the alias domain. While it is received, it does not show up in the received emails log in iredmailpro.

Heres a redacted part of the log:

Aug 15 07:40:59 mx postfix/smtpd[18058]: connect from mx.host.com[127.0.0.1]
Aug 15 07:40:59 mx postfix/smtpd[18058]: 1E06E22FDC: client=mx.host.com[127.0.0.1]
Aug 15 07:40:59 mx postfix/cleanup[19168]: 1E06E22FDC: message-id=<em10b90ae4-3722-4698-8f2f-0f8bf59fec6a@ap-gf>
Aug 15 07:40:59 mx postfix/smtpd[18058]: disconnect from mx.host.com[127.0.0.1]
Aug 15 07:40:59 mx postfix/qmgr[48021]: 1E06E22FDC: from=<sender@sendingdomain.com>, size=3243, nrcpt=1 (queue active)
Aug 15 07:40:59 mx postfix/smtp[18745]: D0E19206F8: to=<webmaster@domainB.de>, relay=127.0.0.1[127.0.0.1]:10026, delay=0.36, delays=0.11/0/0/0.24, dsn=
Aug 15 07:40:59 mx postfix/qmgr[48021]: D0E19206F8: removed
Aug 15 07:40:59 mx postfix/pipe[17090]: 1E06E22FDC: to=<webmaster@domainA.net>, relay=dovecot, delay=0.35, delays=0.01/0.01/0/0.33, dsn=2.0.0, status=s
Aug 15 07:40:59 mx postfix/qmgr[48021]: 1E06E22FDC: removed

This seems to be a general error and plays along with the problem, that an email with blocked content does not show up for the domain admin, when sent to the alias domain.

Do you want to have a deeper look at it ?

Thanks,
srd2010

- If the email was quarantined, you can find it in iRedAdmin-Pro (System -> Quarantined Mails).
- i cannot reproduce this issue with default iRedMail settings. sad Did you change any Postfix SQL query settings in /etc/postfix/mysql/*.cf?

Hi Zhang,

regarding SQL: not that i can remember.
I recall though, that we had another discussion about alias Domains and you asked me to try different Queries.

Regarding the quarantine:
As General Admin, i can see the message, but as Domain Admin i cannot.