Topic: mlmmj Problems

==== REQUIRED BASIC INFO OF YOUR IREDMAIL SERVER ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): 0.9.8
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: CentOS 7.5.1804
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): LDAP
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): Nginx
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? Yes
- [IMPORTANT] Related original log or error message is required if you're experiencing an issue.
====

I initially installed this server as 0.9.7, and followed the upgrade guide to 0.9.8, making sure to follow the LDAP instructions where applicable.

After upgrading to 0.9.8, I bought iRedAdmin-Pro and installed it.

I'm having problems with mlmmj mailing lists.

I was able to create several mailing lists in iRedAdmin-Pro. However, when I go to my mail user, the checkboxes of the subscribed mailing lists don't accurately reflect the same info as shown in the mailing list subscribers panel.

From my mail user in iRedAdmin-Pro, checking or unchecking mailing lists, and pressing the save button, results in an error in the status area of the browser:  Error: IOError(2, 'No such file or directory')

When I try to send an e-mail to one of the mailing lists which I am listed as subscribed to (in the mailing lists section), I get an immediate bounce, with the error "user unknown".

Despite having added the logging template, I don't see anything in /var/log/mlmmjadmin, instead logs for the admin api are going to the dovecot.log.

When I run:

python /opt/mlmmjadmin/tools/maillist_admin.py subscribers listname@domain.tld

...it returns sane values.

I went through the mlmmj LDAP backend integration to make sure I followed all of the steps, and I didn't find anything that looked incorrect.

Does anyone have any ideas of how I could troubleshoot this?

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: mlmmj Problems

- Which version of mlmmjadmin are you running? you can check with command: ls -l /opt/
- Latest mlmmjadmin version is 1.5: https://github.com/iredmail/mlmmjadmin/releases
- Upgrading mlmmjadmin is very easy: https://github.com/iredmail/mlmmjadmin/ … UPGRADE.md

I'm running 1.5.

I followed the instructions here: https://docs.iredmail.org/integration.mlmmj.ldap.html

tomierna wrote:

From my mail user in iRedAdmin-Pro, checking or unchecking mailing lists, and pressing the save button, results in an error in the status area of the browser:  Error: IOError(2, 'No such file or directory')

This seems a bug of iRedAdmin-Pro.  I will test it immediately and keep you posted.

Did a quick test, check/uncheck the mailing list in user profile page, then save change, no error at all.
Now it looks like a bug / misconfiguration on your server.

if it's ok for you, I need direct ssh access with root privilege for troubleshooting on your server. And if it turns out to be a bug of iRedAdmin-Pro or mlmmjadmin, this support will be free, but if not, i will charge one support ticket for this. ok?

This sounds good. How do I get the credentials to you?

Mail me: zhb at iredmail dot org.

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

Mail me: zhb at iredmail dot org.

I sent credentials shortly after you posted. Hopefully you received?