Topic: Sending as alias on another hosted domain
======== REQUIRED BASIC INFO OF YOUR IREDMAIL SERVER ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): 0.9.8
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: CentOS 7.5
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): MariaDB
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): Nginx
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro?: Yes
- [IMPORTANT] Related original log or error message is required if you're experiencing an issue.
I have read the "alias from another domain" post from 2016 (as well as "Allow member to send email as mailing list or mail alias"), and I am running into the same need. I thought that if I aliased aliasdomain.com to realdomain.com I would be able to send as email@example.com if firstname.lastname@example.org existed and I logged in as that user. However, I get the dreaded "sender is not the same" error:
"RCPT TO <email@example.com> failed: <firstname.lastname@example.org>: Recipient address rejected: Sender is not same as SMTP authenticate username".
Both realdomain.com and aliasdomain.com are hosted on my server.
I don't want to allow mismatched senders on *all* domains, just one domain (realdomain.com, with aliasdomain.com aliased to it) on my server.
Is this possible?
EDIT: Changed the domains to ones that are clearer, instead of using numbered domains.