1 (edited by buggy09 2018-09-28 14:59:05)

Topic: Domain name changed

- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): 0.98
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Ubuntu 18.04
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): MySQL
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): Nginx
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? No

What will be the easiest procedure to change domain name. So, basically I would like that user1@old_domain.com starts to use new email address user1@new_domain.com. I have about 20 users on that domain.

I recently installed new 0.98 server, and migrate all data (mostly manually) from previous one. Migration went well, so I am thinking about similar procedure now. But if there is easier way, please let me know. I also have SOGO. Old domain mail addresses should be still active for some time.

1. Create new domain via iRedAdmin

2. Configure DNS for new domain properly (mx, dkim, spf, etc...)

3. Create same mailbox users for new domain via iRedAdmin, including postmaster (I know passwords for all users)

4. Move vmail data from old to new domain, taking into account that new mailbox paths will be different, due to new timestamp. New paths can be found in vmail database

5. Login to roundcube with old and new account, and manually adjust configuration to match old one, and also export/import roundcube address book, if any. Repeat this for each user.

6. Login to sogo with old and new account, export/import sogo address book and calendar events/meetings. Repeat this for each user.

7. Delete old accounts and old domain via iRedAdmin (This was primary domain, hope this can be done)

8. Create domain alias in vmail database, so incoming mails for recipient on old domain can be "routed" to the new domain users

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Domain name changed

About the mail accounts part, how about this:

- Export "vmail" MySQL database to a SQL file from old server, replace all old domain name by new domain name.
- Import modified SQL file to new server, then you get new mail domain and all accounts directly.