Topic: Mailing list bcc/ccn problem

==== REQUIRED BASIC INFO OF YOUR IREDMAIL SERVER ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): 0.9.8
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Ubuntu 18.04 LTS
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): PGSQL
- Web server (Apache or Nginx):Apache
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? Yes
- [IMPORTANT] Related original log or error message is required if you're experiencing an issue.
====

Hi all, i have 2 question about mlmmj.
1) I create via IredAdmin-Pro a list call test1@mydomain.com which have some external ( not in mydomain.com) mail and i set the option that only domain member can send to the list.
Then sender@mydomain.com via TB send a mail to test1@mydomain.com in BCC.
Someone reply to this email, but the destination address was test1@mydomain.com not sender@mydomain.com.
Why?

2) When i assign an admin (is a normal mail user) to test1@mydomain.com, why in ired panel of admin there is not the tab mailing-list?

Thanks in advance,

Sorry for my english.

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Mailing list bcc/ccn problem

is a mlmmj bug? Someone have a idea?

cedbiella wrote:

Someone reply to this email, but the destination address was test1@mydomain.com not sender@mydomain.com.
Why?

This is part of what mailing list is designed for. The email sent out by mailing list software (mlmmj in iRedMail) is always the mailing list email address.
If you still prefer to see the original sender (sender@mydomain.com in your case), try to create old-style mailing list instead. Menu in iRedAdmin-Pro: Add -> Mailing list (do not choose "Mailing List (subscribable)" in this case).

cedbiella wrote:

2) When i assign an admin (is a normal mail user) to test1@mydomain.com, why in ired panel of admin there is not the tab mailing-list?

I'm sorry that i don't quite understand this issue. Could you help capture some screenshot and circle on the place you expect the menu to display?

ZhangHuangbin wrote:
cedbiella wrote:

Why?

This is part of what mailing list is designed for. The email sent out by mailing list software (mlmmj in iRedMail) is always the mailing list email address.

Even if ML is in BCC ?

It's not about how you send email to mailing list.
Mailing list members always see the mailing list email address as sender.

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

It's not about how you send email to mailing list.
Mailing list members always see the mailing list email address as sender.

Mailing list members have see sender1@mydomain.com as sender and not ML, in some email ( some members are my collegue ) in the headers there is Reply-To: with the ML address, but sender1@mydomain.com have not set it.

Some mailing list service on Internet ( like MailChimp) have not this problem, when a user send a reply he reply to sender not to ML.
If is not a bug, i think for a security/privacy reason i do not use this function

cedbiella wrote:

Mailing list members have see sender1@mydomain.com as sender and not ML, in some email ( some members are my collegue ) in the headers there is Reply-To: with the ML address, but sender1@mydomain.com have not set it.

How did you create this mailing list? You should create the subscribable mailing list for this purpose.

iRedMail has 2 mailing list types recently:

- one is implemented like mailing forwarding. real sender is displayed in the From: address in the email received by members.
- another one is implemented with mlmmj and we call it subscribable mailing list. The mailing list address is displayed in From: address.

ZhangHuangbin wrote:
cedbiella wrote:

How did you create this mailing list? You should create the subscribable mailing list for this purpose.

iRedMail has 2 mailing list types recently:

- one is implemented like mailing forwarding. real sender is displayed in the From: address in the email received by members.
- another one is implemented with mlmmj and we call it subscribable mailing list. The mailing list address is displayed in From: address.

i use mlmmj to create list, and i put the address of list in bcc. From: is my address, To: is empty, Bcc: is the name of list

10 (edited by ketan.aagja 2018-10-11 00:23:47)

may be this can change the ML sender reply-to ID, it looks like the same issue I faced.

https://forum.iredmail.org/post65719.html#p65719

and restart mlmmjadmin service

I'll take a look.
Thanks

It doesn't work for me.
REPLY or REPLY all it automatically replies to MAILLIST ID not the sender's email ID from where the email came.
I've reboot the server not only services.

You need mail alias account instead of mailing list account. try steps below to create a testing account and evaluate whether it's what you want:

- Login to iRedAdmin-Pro
- click "Add -> Mail Alias"

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

You need mail alias account instead of mailing list account. try steps below to create a testing account and evaluate whether it's what you want:

- Login to iRedAdmin-Pro
- click "Add -> Mail Alias"

But user cannot unsubscribe from ML, and the ML cannot update by owner, just only from domain admin correct?