Topic: mlmmjadmin maillist REPLY TO issue

==== REQUIRED BASIC INFO OF YOUR IREDMAIL SERVER ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release):      0.9.8
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: CentOS Linux release 7.5.1804 (Core)
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL):  LDAP
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): Nginx
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? - Yes
- [IMPORTANT] Related original log or error message is required if you're experiencing an issue.
====

Hi,

I am facing one issue regarding REPLY TO address over maillist created from mlmmjadmin via iRedAdmin-Pro panel.

Emails are coming to any maillist and it gets delivered to subscribers of same maillist, which is fine. However when any user try REPLY or REPLY all it automatically replies to MAILLIST ID not the sender's email ID from where the email came. This is creating havoc at my end as having more than 100 maillists and users are not able to reply directly to senders.

Is there any settings which can be modified to avoid this reply to address issues?

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: mlmmjadmin maillist REPLY TO issue

Tried playing with /etc/postfix/sender_access.pcre defined in smtpd_sender_restrictions in main.cf file.

Added

/(.*)/   prepend Reply-To: $1

This adds original sender's email ID in reply-to address, however when sending email to maillist, it comes with 2 reply-to addresses.

1. with maillist ID
2. original sender ID

So if we hit reply it now adds 1. and 2. IDs as well as when we hit Reply All it adds both IDs.

Now I think I will have to dig out more to remove maillist ID from Reply To address field.

ketan.aagja wrote:

Is there any settings which can be modified to avoid this reply to address issues?

With LDAP backend and iRedAdmin-Pro, please create the mailing list by following steps:

- Login to iRedAdmin-Pro
- click "Add -> Mailing List"

Note: do not click "Add -> Mailing List (subscribeable)" in this case.

4 (edited by ketan.aagja 2018-10-10 00:49:57)

ZhangHuangbin wrote:
ketan.aagja wrote:

With LDAP backend and iRedAdmin-Pro, please create the mailing list by following steps:

- Login to iRedAdmin-Pro
- click "Add -> Mailing List"

Note: do not click "Add -> Mailing List (subscribeable)" in this case.

That means we will not be able to use mlmmj if we create normal mailing list. Will this affect future upgrades of iredmail when full mlmmj will be implemented for normal mailing list?

I think more users might come up with this issue, will it be ideal to use normal mailing list along with mlmmj?

One more thing for normal mail list.

If I create normal mail list and make it moderated, I do not see removal section of existing moderators on iRedAdmin-Pro panel. Please check attachment.

Post's attachments

error.png 116.74 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

Sorted issue of reply to address by commenting 'Reply-To': '%(mail)s', field:

File:
/opt/mlmmjadmin/libs/default_settings.py

MLMMJ_DEFAULT_CUSTOM_HEADERS = {
    'Precedence': 'list',
    'X-Mailing-List': '%(mail)s',
    #'Reply-To': '%(mail)s',
    'List-Subscribe': '<mailto:%(listname)s+subscribe@%(domain)s?subject=Subscribe>',
    'List-Unsubscribe': '<mailto:%(listname)s+unsubscribe@%(domain)s?subject=Unsubscribe>',
    #'List-Help': '<mailto:%(listname)s+help@%(domain)s?subject=help>',
    #'List-Owner': '<mailto:%(listname)s+owner@%(domain)s>',
}

OK, fixed it in mlmmjadmin and release mlmmjadmin-1.7:
https://github.com/iredmail/mlmmjadmin/releases